1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Track # of Google API calls for last 24 hrs

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by exam, Dec 29, 2004.

Suggestion for the Keyword tool/coop ad net (maybe both combined)

Have the account keep track of how many queries have been sent using the G API over the last 24 hrs. I know we don't know for sure how/when G resets the 1000 daily limit, but having this info would help us know how many kws validations we can do on a daily basis.

On the back end, it could be pretty simple. A table:
    api_query_stats
    columns: api_key, timestamp, num_queries

Code (markup):
    The num queries col would be optional, use it if the keywords script for example could keep track of how many queries were needed to update a kw, and then a single row would be needed to keep track of those queries. Otherwise, one row could be used per query with only api_key and timestamp.

Then in both the keywords tool and an network, simply query this table for the users api key, (it wouldn't matter if they have signed up for both tools or not) and display the total of num_queries where the api key matches the users' and the timestamp is less than 24 old, deleting rows that are older than 24 hrs at this time.

What do others think- would this be a useful feature?

exam, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    yes - especially since a lot of us only use our api keys for the network, so if and when we delve into other api projects, we know how much should be remaining on a given day.

nevetS, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Well maybe everyone else doesn't think this is a good idea :(, but I still do :) Anyone else have an opinion?

[letting it drop now] :(

exam, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    how many queries does it use anyways? Does it get 100 results per keyword check?

That would mean - 4 domains, 5 keywords each = 20 queries if they are in the top 100 + 1 for each 100-199?

nevetS, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The FAQ details how many it uses.

digitalpoint, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  6. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I don't know how many times I've been told to RTFM and I can never bring myself to do it. :)

nevetS, Jan 3, 2005 IP