1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

total Cost for Wordpress Blog

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by divya101101, Oct 18, 2010.

Hello Everyone!

I would like to start a blog in word press for my business, so i need to know exact quotation for the word press blogs. I would also like to know the exact cost for the development of word press blog including domain registration, domain hosting and designing and total time. If anyone have some idea then please share here. Or give me some tips where I can found.

divya101101, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  2. holdfire

holdfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Domain registration will vary depending on where you go to register your domain. You can go to Hover.com to register your domain and easily purchase hosting (monthly) with a reliable provider (take a gander around here or on WHT for where to go).

Now as far as the design and development, this is where you'll get costly. You can easily spent $200-1000+ on a design for your website and then another $200-1000+ on the development of the theme. It just depends on the individual or company that you go with. If this is your first WordPress-based website, then I would recommend going with a pre-made theme instead. You can take a look through what Woothemes.com, themegarden.com and themeforest.net.

holdfire, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  3. Aca

Aca Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!

I agree with holdfire. I can help you in developing this website, just send me pm!

Aca, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a broad question and it depends on your needs.
    Domain registration (.com, .net, .org, .info,.us and some others) generally runs around $10 a year. Hosting depends on what you need. You can get cheap shared hosting for as little as $4.99 a month or a dedicated server for $100 a month.

As far as design...again, it depends on what you need. You can use a free theme if that's all you want, you can buy a premium theme for anywhere from $20 to $200.
    Having one developed or designed can run upwards of $500 and higher.

You are basically asking "how much will it cost to build my website?" and there is no way anyone can answer that without knowing what kind of website you need.
    Wordpress is merely a platform that you can do all kinds of things with. How much it will cost you is going to vary. There is no average answer.

I have WP sites that cost me $40 to build and others that cost me a few hundred and I have built sites for others that cost in the thousands.
    It depends.

hmansfield, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  5. formatcv

formatcv Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience, I just need to spend around us$ 20/year for 50 mb space, 2 gb bandwidth and .com domain.

formatcv, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  6. stevemack

stevemack Peon

Best Answers:
    it varies from com, net, org etc and if your site is an e-commerce site, then webhosting i,e the bandwidth and storage space must be more.

stevemack, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  7. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the total cost of my blog.

Webhost and a free life time domain name = 145$ for 3 years.

That's all. but i used free theme.

KimiGermany, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  8. rmeeuwsen

rmeeuwsen Peon

Best Answers:
    For do-it yourselfers you just need to look for the cheapest web host package.
    Many of them now include a free domain name for the first year.

But if your site is successful, these cheap hosts may start to cause you trouble with using 'too much server resources' even if you have an unlimited package.
    Be sure to have a complete backup yourself - they've been known to 'lose sites' too.

Try to start out with a host that has thousands of customers instead of one of those dirt cheap hosts for $10 a year.
    You can get a good site for about $40 a year.

rmeeuwsen, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  9. lavan80

lavan80 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it depends on the design of you site and wordpress is a open source...

lavan80, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  10. urmick96

urmick96 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use hosting 66 eurocents a month and domain 5 euro per year so it's cheap as hell

urmick96, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  11. ReadySites

ReadySites Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree it depends on what you want to achieve, whether it is going to be used as a basic 'busness card' type of site where you can 'throw up' a free wordpress site, using a free theme and free plugins and only pay for the domain name and hosting....

...or whether you want a proper business site with all the trimmings, on page oprtimised, unique header etc etc which can go into the thousands.

First decide what you want exactly and then either go the 'fre route' yourself or get yourself some quotes according to your requirements

ReadySites, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  12. sniper2009

sniper2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it depends in what you need to open site

sniper2009, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  13. pankajdeoria

pankajdeoria Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you should know it as you are doing website development :) Anyway.. max 80$ every year..

pankajdeoria, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  14. Xelpher

Xelpher Member

Best Answers:
    For a basic WordPress Blog it shouldn't cost you more than 20 dollars.
    1.) Go to Godaddy and register your domain. (it comes to 8 dollars for a .com I believe)
    2.) After registering your Domain go to theSmallOrange(dot)com and buy hosting for your site. (You can buy 5 dollar/month or higher for hosting)
    3.) Set your name servers on Godaddy (dot) com domain settings to the proper ones.
    4.) Go to yourdomainname(dot)com/cpanel and enter the information given to you by the hosting.
    5.) Scroll down and click on "Fantastico"
    6.) Choose to install WordPress
    Tada, You are done, you should have your blog set up.

Xelpher, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  15. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

There are things that you can do it for yourself. Doesn't matter how dumb or begginer you are, you can do it. Here is a guide that will get you trough the whole proccess: http://www.flamescorpion.com/2010/0...start-your-website-right-away-with-wordpress/

thedark, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  16. whrz

whrz Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can buy a domain name from godaddy for 8 $ a year and use their free hosting service

whrz, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  17. jer2sm

jer2sm Peon

Best Answers:
    #whrz : yesterday , I have search at godaddy I never found cheap domain price...........

jer2sm, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  18. gordi555

gordi555 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Domain per year probably around $10. Hosting per year probably around $100. But, if you're happy with the service, then it's at the right price :)

gordi555, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  19. ashish.

ashish. Peon

Best Answers:
    Starts from free. and may be anything you want to afford for premium hosting and premium domains.

ashish., Dec 14, 2010 IP
  20. claudiacs

claudiacs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I spend near 130USD per year. I have "baby croc" hosting from Hostgator, and I renew my domain every year. I don't believe in any free hosting service.

claudiacs, Dec 14, 2010 IP