1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Torrent search engine

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by cipcip, Feb 11, 2018.

Hi guys,

Just released my torrent search engine script on which I worked for the last couple of weeks.
    It is available at: www.torrentz.wtf

It has 5 sources at the moment, but more will be added soon.
    Some insights as for this moment:

Total torrents: 82222
    Torrents indexed today: 3983

Crons are running daily and they haven't finished for the day. I suspect that somewhere around 10k - 15k torrents are added daily, will see today how many will be added since it is the first day that the script will run on cron.

What do you guys think? What can be improved?

Thanks

cipcip, Feb 11, 2018 IP
  2. BoyJohnson

BoyJohnson Active Member

Best Answers:
    plenty of torrents is great, your site looks good but it takes you off on a tangent to the torrent originator. I understand why you do it but it may lead the lowly computer literate to not using the website because it feels like one of those heavy redirect websites, you've seen them before, the endless loops of redirects to never find the content. If it feels like that for even 1 second then it won't get used.

However, if you changed it so that you can index the magnet url too then people could download without leaving. This may be much more satisfying. You also have to be aware particularly in the UK 99% of torrent websites are blocked so you may also end up getting blocked in some big countries.

BoyJohnson, Feb 28, 2018 IP