1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top vs Side Ads - Which is better?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by photohead, Mar 18, 2014.

Hi all,
    I am working on an AdWord's campaign and I am looking to save money and raise the number of clicks I receive. I know that Top Page ads are more visible and gain more clicks, however they are more costly and run my budget out quicker. First page, side ads seem to be cheaper. Would this mean that a side ad would gain a higher number of clicks even if it was less visible?
    Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do in order to make my budget last longer and to improve the number of clicks I receive?

Help would be massively appreciated
    From Photohead

photohead, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. The thing is that in just some !!rare!! cases side ads get more or better clicks than top ads.
    I can make audit for free. If you like the result we can make some business.
    Regards.

Fer0, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  3. Harvester Vention

Harvester Vention Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have decent success with side ads, i think it depends on your niche as well because people may be more willing to look elsewhere other than the first ad

Harvester Vention, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  4. sandsumy

sandsumy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you should experiment with the rates and analyze the effectiveness in Google Analytics

sandsumy, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  5. 7searchguys

7searchguys Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea to launch your offer with high QS keywords so that you are getting the best bang for your buck, regardless of top or side positioning.

7searchguys, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  6. Praveen Pandey

Praveen Pandey Member

Best Answers:
    first Do check with top v/s other segment report and decide which ads position is performing better. Try ads Scheduling and standard ads rotation policy to prevent your budget exhausted early.

Praveen Pandey, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  7. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Praveen Pandey, how we can check performance of specific ads . you mean by conversions ?

OSSEO, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  8. Praveen Pandey

Praveen Pandey Member

Best Answers:
    Click on segment tab and them chose top v/s other report

upload_2014-3-28_18-33-47.png

Praveen Pandey, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I experimented with side ads for what seems like forever. They never worked well for me. I am a top ad publisher all the way!

qwikad.com, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  10. amuro

amuro Member

Best Answers:

I will say side ads are better since they are more affordable to you.

But that is not the point.

The point is what kind of message is your ad trying to convey to your prospects?

Is it just getting them to click your link to buy whatever product or service you are recommending?

Or is it providing them a solution to their problems or wants through your product?

When posting ads - whether classified or paid ones, here are 3 points you might want to consider:

1. What is your ad about?

2. Who is your ad for?

3. And what do your prospects get from clicking your link and buy your product?

If you can based your ad on these 3 points in such that your prospects find them helpful and curious to find out more,
    you WILL receive massive results in them clicking and eventually buying your product or whatever you like to recommend.

amuro, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  11. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    In comparison to both of them, the top ads attract more attention but the more traffic comes from In-content ads and better conversions also for the later kind of ads.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  12. Sammi Rose

Sammi Rose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not about where your ads are showing. Its about the quality of your ad content with the offers you placing and how attractive you can make it, depends on that. Customer wants a product or services and he/she will look around all ads. If you understands the client requirements are create stuff accordingly then it wont matter your ad is in Top or side way

Sammi Rose, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  13. Jigney

Jigney Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your target is only on clicks, side ads is good and it is much affordable than top bid.

First you should experiment with different bids. If your target is just to increase clicks than you can decrease your bid on should focus on side ads. But when your ad is displaying in side and if it’s position is lower than you won’t get much clicks. So you should always experiment with different bids in starting and once you start receiving clicks in less budget than you run your campaign as same bid.

You can also focus on improving your Quality Score by making ad relevance and adding all the extensions available. So this will improve your quality score and your CPC will decrease.

Jigney, May 15, 2014 IP