1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top ranking but no content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by opportunist86, Jan 23, 2015.

I've observed several sites ranking good but usually have very little content on their homepage but just a good design with several buttons or links. Since usage of keywords and content on the homepage matters a lot for better SEO, how's that possible?

opportunist86, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  2. AffilaiteWaves

AffilaiteWaves Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you seen the home page of Google ,and do you know its page rank .
    You cannot decide the rank only on basis of content and keywords ,one of the most important factor is the website's usability .

Take example of Amazon ,When you think about online shopping,your mind will say go to amazon,right .

The popularity depends on many factors ,Many Government and Educational institute websites does not need SEO because people already coming to them because of their functional importance.

AffilaiteWaves, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  3. cthulchu

cthulchu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keywords on the pages matter, but you can use meta to substitute it. I actually have a few very content-sensitive clients that don't allow me to put anything on the pages. And it's not hard to get first places. Google understands :)

cthulchu, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  4. ThisRocks

ThisRocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google can recognize text just by looking at it, if the translator of Android can.. but you should always view the HTML source to see if there is hidden content.
    Google has gone a long way ranking according to the quality of the content, in other aspects like adwords, I believe Google has made poor choices.

ThisRocks, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  5. enikram

enikram Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am also aware of a few websites which have almost no content a few images and a few lines of text along with flash design, less than 10 links, almost no text in the source(less than 50 words) and the websites are less than 2 years old. And those rank better than older websites with good quality and rich content,seo optimized(but not over) with age of over 6 years old and 100s of natural links from very reputable websites,etc. Sometimes it seems a few people at Google just manually change the order the way they feel,because at times it doesn't make any sense!!

enikram, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  6. Ronnie403

Ronnie403 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lol I never really thought about how Google's homepage content is compared to others!

Ronnie403, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  7. Shawn Dickson Swail

Shawn Dickson Swail Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to inform you that this time we can say content is the king in the internet marketing because Google is very stick about duplicate content and make a storage rules such as Google panda.

Shawn Dickson Swail, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    May be these sites are getting some inbound links from high PR sites and a lot of other links from many different sites.
    Also, people might be linking to their internal pages, and not just homepage.

JEET, Jan 24, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  9. alicemarvin23

alicemarvin23 Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot rank website with no content because Google lists the website content as a primary ranking factor.

alicemarvin23, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  10. HowToBeVast

HowToBeVast Member

Best Answers:
    This means they have very very SEO Optimizations. Older the websites higher the search rankkings. I recommend you to optimize images for SEO

HowToBeVast, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  11. Bahadur Hussain

Bahadur Hussain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What they do is, post very little but quality content and market it on the web, people like it because it's unique, fresh and quality content. As a result, their ranking improves with that little content. With time, if they keep up their strategy, they'll be really famous.

Bahadur Hussain, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  12. moshe.chayon

moshe.chayon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that's a good point. the users interactions with the site must be what boosts it's rankings. I've heard of Google boosting rankings of sites that have a lot of traffic and good use interaction.

moshe.chayon, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  13. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I guess that your overall site should have valuable or interesting contents (to increase visitors engagement) but it doesn't mean the homepage too need to be content rich.

webdev007, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  14. jennever

jennever Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    check the age of domains and how long indexed moreover strong keyword

jennever, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  15. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can rank on SERP without having content if you have quality backlinks from relevant sites. The sites without content would have done on page effectively for their web pages.

Kushal Shah, Feb 19, 2015 IP