1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top rank in Yahoo, but not in Google

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by microman007, Apr 28, 2010.

1. sawanbatahan

sawanbatahan Peon

Best Answers:
    ahoo and Google rank their pages differently. They also a have different links to different directories and other search engines.

Google uses over 320 different factors to rank pages, one of the most impotant is inbound links. So if your site has a lot of people linking to it that have high pagerank then your site will benefit more in google than yahoo.

Yahoo has a bit of a cross section with importance place on on-site content more heavily than Google. In the last six months, Yahoo listing have become much more difficult to acquire, whereas six months ago they were relatively easy.

sawanbatahan, May 3, 2010 IP
  2. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and Google's algorithms must be different. I would just keep trying to build up incoming links to your website and updating your content frequently. You should see your Yahoo listing rise soon too.

tjsocr22, May 3, 2010 IP
  3. dpraju

dpraju Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Its a Fact if yahoo likes it . Google Doesn't and if Google does then yahoo doesn't .. so cant help me . wait for some time . will be fine

dpraju, May 3, 2010 IP
  4. azonices

azonices Peon

Best Answers:
    Use Google webmaster, and you can treat it all

azonices, May 4, 2010 IP
  5. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a lot harder to rank high in Google than in Yahoo! or Bing.

I have a website that ranks #1 for a lot of keywords in both Bing and Yahoo! - but in Google - the keywords aren't even ranking on the first page.

Sweely, May 4, 2010 IP
  6. Jennylba123

Jennylba123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gather more back link that might help you in the same.

Jennylba123, May 4, 2010 IP
  7. tstewart

tstewart Peon

Best Answers:
    I think both search engine work with his algorithm.Google User lot so your page rank not up.in Google lot competition.so....

tstewart, May 4, 2010 IP
  8. sawanbatahan

sawanbatahan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and Google rank their pages differently. They also a have different links to different directories and other search engines.

Google uses over 320 different factors to rank pages, one of the most impotant is inbound links. So if your site has a lot of people linking to it that have high pagerank then your site will benefit more in google than yahoo.

Yahoo has a bit of a cross section with importance place on on-site content more heavily than Google. In the last six months, Yahoo listing have become much more difficult to acquire, whereas six months ago they were relatively easy.

MSN on the other hand seems to place a high value on keywords than the other search engines.

So the answer is YES, you do need to optimise for each search engine by basically doing all the right things for SEO some of which are not relevant to Google but are more relevant to other search engines.

I am not aware of any linking between Yahoo and sponsered listing ro with Google placements and my experience suggests they don't exist. Logically, it would not be useful for Yahoo to do this.

sawanbatahan, May 4, 2010 IP
  9. VasserPro

VasserPro Peon

Best Answers:
    This is it. Make sure you have good links, continue to grow links slowly over time, and in time, you will begin ranking with Google (assuming you picked the right keywords).

VasserPro, May 4, 2010 IP
  10. app789

app789 Peon

Best Answers:
    Every search engine has its different criteria. may be after some time your keyword ranked on google.
    well from my point of view google is more effective than yahoo. I says it practically as I worked with google.

app789, May 5, 2010 IP
  11. ademmeda

ademmeda Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a site that ranks number 2 on Yahoo for one of my keywords but Google did not indexed it yet no matter what I tried.

ademmeda, May 5, 2010 IP
  12. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    Google results are much better, and google have different requirements for high SERPS than yahoo. Do more off-page SEO and you'll increase your google rank quite quickly. Also get w3c valid html on your site and your set.

joshvelco, May 5, 2010 IP
  13. azonices

azonices Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm intrigued by the W3C. w3c? sorry newbie

azonices, May 5, 2010 IP
  14. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and Bing are going to try and differentiate themselves from Google. It would make sense then that they don't use the same algorithms as Google.
    That is an interesting question though; how many personal or business sites rank #1 in all three engines?

gotlivechat, May 5, 2010 IP
  15. Allthebest

Allthebest Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for providing this important information if this is true.

Allthebest, May 6, 2010 IP
  16. mr-brightside

mr-brightside Peon

Best Answers:
    In addition to, i think a blogspot site is not welcome to yahoo. Coz i have a real estate blogspot site which is 3 years old, and my rank on google based on my keyword is on the top 10 of the first page, but in yahoo results my blogspot site is not included. This is my main problem, what can you suggest for my blogspot to rank well in yahoo? or i just make a website in order for me to rank 2 search engines? thanks in advance

mr-brightside, May 7, 2010 IP
  17. jamdung

jamdung Guest

Best Answers:
    i prefer google

jamdung, May 8, 2010 IP
  18. sherone

sherone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need create a lot of backlink for google. Yahoo give much priority to its on-page factors like keyword density, Bold, Italics etc.

sherone, May 8, 2010 IP
  19. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Its much different to rank for each search engine because each one has different algorithms, it seems yahoo likes anchor text banklinks more than anything. The more you have the easier it is to rank.

zurpit.com, May 8, 2010 IP
  20. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He's correct. All search engines use different algorithms. It seems like Yahoo! is a big fan of anchor-text-backlinks compared to the other search engines. Google on the other hand seems to like your content more which is better IMO. I'd rather see a good website ranking #1 than a bad website with lots of backlinks.

Sweely, May 10, 2010 IP