1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top Level Domains (TLD) capable of changing search?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by maneetpuri, May 3, 2013.

Hey everyone,
    Came across a random post concerning expansion of top-level domains (TLDs)! The author believes that search engine optimization will change drastically with the release of TLDs. However, I believe if these changes affect search engine algorithms somewhere down the line, so will be the negative activities, which in the first place is not possible. What do you think guys, Is the author right or is this post misleading?
    Cheers
    Maneet
    SEMrush

maneetpuri, May 3, 2013 IP
    SEMrush
  2. jmjsolutions

jmjsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting article. The idea of having domains like century21.realestate instead of century21.com is a cool concept. I don't think such a thing will happen for a very long time though. Even if it does start happening, not sure if it will last. A lot would have to change. ".Com" is still so ingrained in people as THE extension for websites. I agree with the guy named "Mr.Grunwerg" who commented on that post. Currently, there are plenty of those types of domains already attached to sites but none of them are ranking high in search results.

jmjsolutions, May 3, 2013 IP