1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top domain sales of 2005 more than $25.9 million

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Cutter, Jan 28, 2006.

Out of curiosity I threw DNJournal's list of reported domain name sales over $10,000 of 2005 in a spreadsheet. The list was made up of 622 domain names and totalled $25,987,717.00. Of course, this did not include unreported domains or anything under $10,000.

[​IMG]

If you click on the chart it will take you to my blog post about it.

Cutter, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  2. OrangutaN

OrangutaN Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah right. but the domains are the supremes such as dictionary word, country name, 2/3 chacter domains, etc.
    if i can go back to the past, i would become millionaire now by squoting domains :)

OrangutaN, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  3. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    woow.... is that really that today there is not 3 word domain left in .com extension ????????????????????

Rage, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  4. Cutter

Cutter Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much any dictionary word is gone. If you want a good domain, with a few exceptions, you'll have to pay a premium.

For example, WebPublishingBlog.com was not taken when I registered it. Its not a "great" domain, but its pretty good. However, recently I've had to spend thousands of dollars to get the domains I want.

Cutter, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  5. Olney

Olney Berserker

Best Answers:
    You guys should look into the IDN market especially if you know about Indonesia or any other language.
    This is the next wave seriously internet explorer 7 public beta is out & it's IDN compatible which means people will finally get to be able to put IDN domains to full use.

If you noticed already IDN domains are starting to hit the charts in DNJournal

I estimate in January we had about at least $25,000 in private sales on my forum. The market is just opening for these... I had a good month last month too.

Olney, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  6. rythm

rythm Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you mean 3 character .com domains, if so, yes, no more in the wild. Combination of 3 words, too many are available, up to your imagination :D

rythm, Feb 12, 2006 IP