1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 10 Link Building Techniques

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by joebloggs, Jul 30, 2008.

1. xops

xops Guest

Best Answers:
    The author is obviously using hyperbole to make a point as to how he views each method. For those new to these ideas, don't take the shade of gray too literally. It's still easier to classify each as white or black.

xops, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  2. alarik

alarik Active Member

Best Answers:
    NOT true, NOT. high PR outgoing links are as effective to SERPS as PR 0 outgoing links, the difference is that the page you reffer will not get a good PR. If you want good outgoing links then just look for the same page content as your reffered page, PR is not important, I have tripled tested this and PR links are good just for PR, not for SERPS. For example http://www.flickpeek.com/ is no 3 in google for 'watch videos online', it had rank 1-2-3 for 1 year and it was NO1 in SERPS for that keyword.

alarik, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  3. sheds

sheds Peon

Best Answers:
    helpful tips especially on newbies!

sheds, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  4. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Alot for your positive reponse i 'll discus it after reading your mentioned source.

seosheen, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  5. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    On paid links and non-paid links, I don't think Google is obsessed on determining whether a link is paid or not. Unless, of course, Google would index one's Paypal payment history. :)

No one will know of paid links because naturally a website should have links going out and should have inbound links. That's the total concept of website - link in, link out.

Bohol, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  6. everettekeane

everettekeane Banned

Best Answers:
    Pretty good - write an ebook on it. :D

everettekeane, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  7. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    You've never heard of blog spam?

Article marketing is pretty white hat but the problem is that Google didn't introduce the algo so that webmasters could boost their own link profile by posting articles on article sites.

joebloggs, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  8. S_Tirmizi

S_Tirmizi Banned

Best Answers:
    good info , but is very basic

S_Tirmizi, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  9. seo alchemist

seo alchemist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that a variety of factors (over 200?) are used to calculate the final rank of a page for a given keyphrase with the PageRank of the linking page, it's theme's relevancy, the presence of keyword in the anchor text and destination page, how well each page is optimised for the target keywords - for example, are they featured in the titles, descriptions and body text - whether the link is reciprocal, nofollowed, has reinforcing title and alt text, the links age, each pages respective age and several other factors besides.

Because PageRank is just one of many contributing factors you won't necessarily see a direct correlation between the PageRank of a given page, or indeed any one link to it, and its rank for a particular keyword.

Also, I believe that it's possible for Google to hide a site's PageRank display in the toolbar without actually deleting its PageRank. That's why it's possible for some sites without apparent PageRank to rank well, as if their PR was really zero then they wouldn't rank at all. Google can of course also implement a manual ranking penalty, if desired, but that's seperate issue.

seo alchemist, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  10. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's pretty decent. Great work man. Keep it coming.

scottmweaver, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  11. KarlMiller

KarlMiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    The definitions you have posted will help many new understand the different terms and operations of each. Thanks for the Post. Good Pluck

KarlMiller, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  12. shaun_ru_th

shaun_ru_th Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    really great info about link building.one of the best articles I ve seen so far.

shaun_ru_th, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  13. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    This is from here

The most famous part of our ranking algorithm is PageRank, an algorithm developed by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, who founded Google. PageRank is still in use today, but it is now a part of a much larger system. Other parts include language models (the ability to handle phrases, synonyms, diacritics, spelling mistakes, and so on), query models (it's not just the language, it's how people use it today), time models (some queries are best answered with a 30-minutes old page, and some are better answered with a page that stood the test of time), and personalized models (not all people want the same thing).

joebloggs, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  14. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    where did i post whole quote ??????????????????hehehehehehe

seosheen, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  15. seocipl

seocipl Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips

thanks for sharing

seocipl, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  16. geo9x9

geo9x9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for a well put together guide

Reps added :)

geo9x9, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  17. flacon

flacon Peon

Best Answers:
    Informative post indeed.

flacon, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  18. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks man, much appreciated.

joebloggs, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  19. seo alchemist

seo alchemist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Article submission and blog posting are grey hat, because how black or white hat they are depends on how they are done, not on the approach itself.

For example, posting well written articles to a handful of article sites is white hat.

On the other hand, using a robot to post 100 close 'variations' of an article created by grammar mangling software, after scraping the original article from a genuine website, is clearly well over to the dark side, even it is technically still article marketing.

Equally, Google estimates that up to a third of all web spam (at least in English, if not Chinese) is generated via free blogging platforms such as Wordpress and, ironically, their own Blogger site.

As such, while many blogs contain unique, interesting content there is a sizeable number that have been created by rehashing other sites specifically to gain free search engine traffic and then cash in on their AdSense advertising, probably at Google's expense.

Granted, most techniques can be done in a more white or black hat manner, depending on the person involved, but I do think that some approaches are inherently more risky or open to abuse than others.

seo alchemist, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  20. Bauger

Bauger Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are great tips for everyone. I know I learned a few things that I surely will apply to my marketing g=for now on.
    Thanks

Bruno

Bauger, Aug 5, 2008 IP