1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Toolbar and serp.. who's first?

Discussion in 'Google' started by webcertain, Jun 15, 2004.

Hi all,
    I'm normally using the toolbar to check if a page is indexed or not (it's the quickest and easiest way :D ) but lately I was checking a new site, http://www.the-cleaner-company.co.uk/, and was astonished as the PageRank bar wasn't grey.. then I've searched for site:www.the-cleaner-company.co.uk, with my fingers crossed, and oh bad surprise, no pages indexed..
    2 possible conclusion:
    Either the serp is late compare to the toolbar, and the search site:www.the-cleaner-company.co.uk will have at least one result shortly
    Or the toolbar is wrong, instead of PR=0 it should be grey..
    Have you ever spotted a similar problem with the toolbar (ie wrong PR)?
    Cheers,
    Johann

webcertain, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  2. LucidNet

LucidNet Peon

Best Answers:
    Not totally sure on when they grey bar should show up or not, but i know when i upload a new page to my server it has a pagerank of 0/10 straight away not grey, before google has found it. The only time i really see a grey toolbar is from a banned site, or viewing my local folders in the browser.

LucidNet, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  3. webcertain

webcertain Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been playing around and it seems that you're right LucidNet :confused:
    I'm sure it wasn't like this.. And I've rechecked http://www.the-cleaner-company.co.uk/ , guess what: toolbar is showing 0..
    :mad:
    I'll take a break ;)

4. LucidNet

LucidNet Peon

Best Answers:
    from hearing people talk on the forums, thats what i presumed too... i thought for a long time i was reading the bar wrong or it was something to do with me being in error.... is there no ultimate faq to SEO anywhere? :)

LucidNet, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  5. webcertain

webcertain Guest

Best Answers:
    Posting here is a good start :D
    So I will just use the PageRank toolbar to see if a page is indexable or not.. nevermind..
    Cheers,
    Johann

6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    There is an Ultimate FAQ for SEO, but I do not believe it will ever be complete.

The steps for successful SEO are constantly shifting as we dance the competitive dance with the search engine operators.

In addition, there is much that is truly unknown (to all SEO's) and more that is not agreed upon. Only known and fairly-well agreed upon data is appropriate for a FAQ.

Will.Spencer, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like a good page that will be helpful, did you publish this Will?

anthonycea, Jun 15, 2004 IP