1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tool To Check Your Yahoo! WebRank

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by digitalpoint, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie Hooke

Julie Hooke Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been trying for some years now to get the powers that be where I work to realise that they need to up their game to get a more useful and more interesting website. They seem to think that poor English, pathetic jpgs and the 2002 Annual Report in dot point form for the various departments is scintillating stuff!

So, I have been most interested in the Google PageRank as an indicator of how we are doing, and now the Yahoo! Webrank. This Webrank tool is fascinating but like Jason I seem to get a different result each time I request a rank for the same page. Initially I got an 8 for one page that got a 0 on Google, so I re-entered it and got a 2, then a 6, then a 4. So how do I know which one is correct? I would just love to be able to add this info to the survey of our web pages that I am doing at the moment. There's nothing like stats to make these people take an interest. Of course they think that 149 hits per quarter on a department's home page is wonderful....... little do they know that most of these were probably acquired by the department staff checking and copying off sections for revision. ;-) Any suggestions?

Julie

Julie Hooke, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well right now, Yahoo seems to be feeding random results for some sites. But others (like www.digitalpoint.com) stay constant. Not exactly sure why at this point though.

Personally, I wouldn't put too much weight on WebRank at all...

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  3. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does it really work?

misohoni, Apr 4, 2004 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this thing work, its been coming up blank lately.

schlottke, Apr 22, 2004 IP
  5. Glitterz

Glitterz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone. I came here in search of a tool to find out my Yahoo Webrank. I had found the Digital Point one before here, but I was looking for a tool bar.

What my question is:

My site http://www.glitterzlingerie.com shows up as a zero on the Yahoo Webrank Checker. But I show up on the top 10 (I vary up and down between 1 & 10) on search results for many many of my chosen keywords. If that is so, then why is my webrank so low?

Does anyone know why and what difference it makes then to have a high rank?

Thanks,

April
    Glitterz Lingerie

Glitterz, May 26, 2005 IP
  6. dinux

dinux Guest

Best Answers:
    Hopefully DigitalPoint will reply to this. I am trying to put a Yahoo! Web Rank tool on my web application that I have developed for my current position at iCrossing, Inc. However, the application will be internal when completed so I can't just put a link on the page to the one here at DigitalPoint.Com. If you could help me write one in PHP I would greatly appreciate it. Or, if you know where I could find a script as an example. Thanks

dinux, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    As far as I know WebRank is as dead as can be.

IMO you guys should have more important stuff to worry about!

T0PS3O, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  8. dinux

dinux Guest

Best Answers:
    Ahh, if WebRank is dead then yes, I will worry about other stuff. Thanks

dinux, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    See:

Results 1 - 10 of about 32,100 for yahoo webrank. (0.60 seconds) (This thread #1)

VS:

Results 1 - 10 of about 4,540,000 for google pagerank. (0.24 seconds)

Obviously dead/of no interest IMO.

T0PS3O, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Yahoo abandoned it.

digitalpoint, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  11. ZuraX

ZuraX Active Member

Best Answers:
    ZuraX, Jun 6, 2005 IP
  12. Glitterz

Glitterz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, there may be a point about Yahoo abandonment, because as far as I can see, there is no indication of a rank on their Yahoo Companion thingy. (unless I have totally missed it.)

I have too worried about the rank thing for a while. And I have ranked 2 to 3 on Google, then I dropped to zero for some reason for the last month then now, surprisingly I went back up to a 2. And it worried the crap out of me this whole time.

Oh yea. Just to a warning to all that are concerned about search engine ranking. BEWARE OF CERTAIN SCRIPTS!!! I added this neat little script I found on a free script source. It was a cool layer script that looked like a window, but was actualy a layer that people could click and drag and close if wanted. I thought it was so neat. I was using it to display my new products and announcements. I was ranking #1 on Yahoo and other engines on my keywords, then suddenly I was no where to be found on the engines and my rank went NEGATIVE (in so many words). come to find out, it was that script, it was considered to be "hidden" text. Since it covered up some of my text on my site, it almost banned me from search engines.
    When I discovered what was happening, I removed it and made sure I removed any back up copies from my server. It took about 2 months to reappear, but I finally did and all is well.
    But my suggestion is, nt to have any ackward (non-standard java) on your site. Matter of fact, I have a harmless jave scrip on my front page for a music site and I think I am going to remove it and see if I get better results from Google when I do.

April

www.glitterzlingerie.com

Glitterz, Jun 11, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.