1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Took some time but we did it-our first store

Discussion in 'Websites' started by twostupidcats, Dec 19, 2016.

Finally, we have developed our first AliExpress dropshipping store https://two-stupid-cats.myshopify.com/

As you can see it is a shopify platform based store. Our next store will be a woocommerce one. The intention is to try different things as much as possible.

We do get that cat market is saturated but it is something we are really passionate about so we decided(my wife decided haha) to give it a try.

We are going to start promoting the site soon; however we are new at this and the process is going to be slow and i guess somewhat painfull.

It would be great if you could review my site, give some recommendations, ideas, share your experience or anything you think would be useful!

twostupidcats, Dec 19, 2016 IP
  2. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    1. Your discount opt-in - you can increase opt-in rate by setting a delay(I recommend at least 30 seconds). The reason is because when people just land on your website they immediately get your opt-in popup, but they don't even know what your site is about, so they close the pop-up.
    2. I like your products and banners :)
    3. Set up exit intent pop-up on the product page with 30 seconds delay and offer a 10% coupon code. It will significantly increase your conversion rate. Ideally you should create at least 7 days email sequence for those people(as well as for those who opted in on the home page.)
    4. Make logo smaller - it takes too much space on my screen(MacBook Pro 15"). And on tablets/mobile it takes even more. As the result your content is below the fold, so people have to scroll down to see what's on the page. It significantly lowers your conversion rate.(use CrazyEgg or HotJar to see the scroll map and test how it improves after you implement the changes.)

I can go more, but I think it's enough for now :) Hope that helps.

Oleksandr, Dec 23, 2016 IP
  3. twostupidcats

twostupidcats Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great review! Gonna make the changes. It is all kinda logical now. :D
    Have been struggling with small number on page but it is only day 4...
    I am surprised that we get 0 organic visits. Guess thats a SEO problem and the competition is big.
    Need to investigate. Well nothing to do but keep getting better i guess.
    Thanks again for all the great advices, really appreciate them!

twostupidcats, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  4. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    twostupidcats as for the SEO: my advice is to establish a niche. It's more about marketing and less about SEO(though there are some technicalities involved as well.)
    You have to understand who is your target customer and what problems you solve for them. Ideally, your business should move the customer from state A to state B. For example, customer is experiencing some frustrations/problems and your product solves that problem. After you understand how your business transforms the customer's life you can create effective copy and ads that will drive sales.
    Another important thing to understand is how the relationship between your business and the customer works. In the essence, it has several stages, like awareness, subscription, convertion, ascention, and several more. So you have to be clear on what value do you bring to customer on each stage.
    For example, the first stage is awareness. It's when the customer finds out about your brand for the first time. He is not necessarily ready to give you the money, but he may be curious about who you are and how you can help him. On this stage it makes sense to help customer, educate him, give him some information, but not force the sales.
    It's a deep topic and I can go on it forever:) But I hope you get the idea where to go from here.
    Good luck with your business.

Oleksandr, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  5. twostupidcats

twostupidcats Peon

Best Answers:
    I think i get it. :)
    Gonna try to do the things you said. It`s a learning process and i`m just starting.
    Thanks allot for your help and your time!!

twostupidcats, Dec 26, 2016 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There's an issue with your navigation. The links in the drop downs don't take me anywhere on a first click. Note: Just on a first click.

Hover over any link in the navigation, then click any link in the drop down. It won't take you anywhere. A second click on the same link (or a click on any other link in that drop down) will take you to the right page.

I am using Chrome.

qwikad.com, Dec 26, 2016 IP
  7. twostupidcats

twostupidcats Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your input. I have tried the mentioned links on a laptop, computer and two phones all using chrome and all is working fine. Maybe somebody else can give it a go. Really appreciate it.

twostupidcats, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  8. twostupidcats

twostupidcats Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a small update...we made our first sale! [​IMG]))
    It took us 13 days but we did it.
    Thank you all for your suggestions and support, keep`em coming!
    We are going to continue to work hard and try to improve!

twostupidcats, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  9. twostupidcats

twostupidcats Peon

Best Answers:
    We got our 2checkout account approved today. I can confirm that you do not need the agreement document with the entire inventory of your store.
    We had 7 items in the agreement and that worked fine.
    So there... [​IMG]

twostupidcats, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  10. twostupidcats

twostupidcats Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you guys have experience with shoutouts?

I tried 3 shoutouts and did not get good results. Spent about 30$ per ad, i even made

videos. The account were in the range of 150k-330k. Made a single sale.

Would love any comment to see what your experience has been with this kind of advertising.

Gonna switch to google next....

twostupidcats, Feb 14, 2017 IP