1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Too many googlebot hits

Discussion in 'robots.txt' started by weathor, Apr 6, 2010.

1. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's good advice. Same as the advice about the robots.txt
    Also, This image is 87KB, and this image is 20KB. I'm pretty sure that you should be able to reduce the size of the images quite a bit without sacrificing to much detail. The second image could be reduced a lot because it has no detail, only colors.

As you haven't even bothered to create a robots.txt file after the advice was given some time ago, I think that maybe you don't really care... anyway, good luck.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, May 5, 2010 IP
  2. weathor

weathor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot!!!! I realy dont know what to do (to let google do anything it wants or not). For now I have the bandwidth needed so I wont create a robots txt...

(Pages crawled per day)
    [​IMG]
    I've seen the crawl rate and the average number of pages crawled per day and its ok its from google

weathor, May 7, 2010 IP
  3. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I sort of have a similar problem for the last 5 months or so. I have a search site with about 120 index-able pages on it, the results pages have noindex tags on them but are not restricted by robots.txt

My average kilobytes per day used to be around 1000. My average pages crawled per day jumped from around 100 to this...
    ----------------------
    [​IMG]

It hasn't let up yet. I considered blocking the results pages via robots.txt to see if it helped but have decided against it for now. As long as the sites not slowing down because of it, I guess I can live with it.

Current crawl stats... (keep in mind that this site only has 120 pages of indexed html and a few small images... the entire site, including results pages weighs under 15MB)
    -----------------------
    [​IMG]

So don't feel so bad ;)

Cheers
    James

tattoos, May 7, 2010 IP
  4. 50plus

50plus Guest

Best Answers:
    You might want to check your raw log files instead of relying on the numbers of your stats package.
    Lately there have been a few scrapers doing the rounds identifying themselves as Googlebot.

50plus, May 14, 2010 IP
  5. weathor

weathor Peon

Best Answers:
    I ve checked it thanks. Everything is ok and googlebot did an other jump to 15.000 pages the day

[​IMG]

weathor, May 24, 2010 IP
  6. kevoh99

kevoh99 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's incredibly unfair to you, lots of bandwidth, I wish I could help, but I know some nice people here on this forum will help you.

kevoh99, May 25, 2010 IP