1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Too many ads / Too many keywords?

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by aristoncc, Nov 3, 2005.

I run a digital photography weblog with an attached gallery. I have packed my chitika ads with about 15 different keywords on a range of products that are all related to digital photography. Kind of a silly question, but is there such a thing as too many keywords?

Also, because I am running a blog (on Wordpress), I add the chitika link after each post. Is that too many? The content still appears to be central to the page, but I'm concerned that I'm throwing too many ads at the reader sometimes. I have hundreds of impressions but only 1 or 2 clicks per week...:confused: I've read tons of success stories regarding chitika, but I'm not sure how to become one!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated:

http://www.freneticphoto.com

Ariston Collander
    http://www.freneticphoto.com
    Gallery: http://www.freneticphoto.com/gallery/fb.php

aristoncc, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  2. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found that by using only 1 or 2 keywords per ad and then changing the keywords every couple of days works well for my site. It will be great once channels are started so I can actually see what ads produce the most clicks.

Have a look at my site usedmac.ca I currently have 5 ads running on the page.

usedmac, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  3. aristoncc

aristoncc Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site does seem to be a bit ad centric. To be honest, I probably wouldn't browse around much. I'd say reduce the number so it's not quite so overwhelming.

aristoncc, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  4. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    The Chitika ads only appear on the frontpage. Once you get to browsing the categories there is less ads. Also the website is optimised for 1024x768 res. which most of the Mac users browsing the site have.

usedmac, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  5. chrish

chrish Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow you're hard Aristoncc. I thought his site quite light on for ads.

EDIT: Oops! Got confused. It was YOUR site I'd looked at! :D

Consequewntly I do agree and wonder whether it's pushing the limits of the Chitika clause about not having too many ads on a page.

Also I heard today, tho yet to confirm but was a very reliable source, that images next to Google Ads must be separate by a border

chrish, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  6. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    Chitika states that you can have as many ads on a page as you want as long as there is no duplicate ads shown. That's why I use keyword targeting for the ads running on the site.

And I think the site receives enough targeted traffic that the visitors will find the ads very relevent.

usedmac, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  7. aristoncc

aristoncc Peon

Best Answers:
    So I guess using a non-contextual scheme with as many keywords as are relevant is a good strategy? It also seems that certain topics get more click throughs than others. I haven't had much success in the digital photography area so I'm assuming that that subject doesn't yield many click throughs.

aristoncc, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  8. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    usedmac, Nov 4, 2005 IP