1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Toll Free Numbers - Still Important or a Thing of the Past?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bizjam55, Aug 7, 2020.

Thinking of getting a toll free number for my SEO link building website. Considering providers like freedom voice, phone.com and iplum. What are your thoughts on having a toll free # as opposed to regular phone #? Was thinking it would make site look even more reputable and could possibly increase conversions. Thanks.

bizjam55, Aug 7, 2020 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Unless one has a well established toll free number, I fail to see any benefits today in having one for most businesses. HOWEVER, if you need to collect the calling numbers for whatever reason, toll free numbers are the only way to go since callers CANNOT block their number when calling a toll free number.

mmerlinn, Aug 7, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's more important for presence and credibility... What type of national REAL business would not have a toll free number to offer customers who MAY incur charges by calling out of region????? You need a toll free number if your business scales beyond a local region.

NetStar, Aug 9, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the value of a toll-free number has dropped dramatically since most people now have unlimited calling minutes in their phone plans. Used to be a real issue for certain customers. Now, however, I think that there is only the slight credibility that comes from having an 800-number and particularly if it is an actual 800 number (and not 877 or 866 or whatever) there is some value in having it. How much value depends on many things, including target market(s), product/service, your company positioning, etc.

jrbiz, Aug 10, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not there are still tens of millions of seniors around the globe that still do not own a cellphone. These are the "I've lived this long without one, what do I need one for?" generation. At the very least government agencies should still be utilizing 800 numbers for seniors.

Businesses ought to keep in mind that many seniors have money and are an important part of their target market. An 800 number can only help with this.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Aug 10, 2020 IP
    bizjam55 and jrbiz like this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And then there is my wife who has a mobile phone but never seems to remember where it is or even to take it with her when she leaves the house...of course, a business having an 800-number will not help her. Maybe carrier pigeon service...

jrbiz, Aug 10, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and Spoiltdiva like this.