1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Today's Terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by nevetS, Apr 13, 2005.

1. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    FOX news is so far into the twilight zone, it is scary. it is like the defending pro wrestling is 'not faked' of old. Ya, Fox news is never 'faked'.

I can assure you, they are not a news source, they are the ones that use assumptions and improper analogy to 'prove' things.

I will supply all the arguments and references you want, all the sources, but this is all becoming very pointless again.
    CBC:

mikmik, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Attacking? Labeling? What attack? What label? I'm serious. The post was funny. I laughed when I read it. I laughed when I re-read it. I direct connected a couple people and read it, and they laughed. The general consensus was, "it was funny."

Prove what? (it is spelled prove right?) Am I really going to alter your opinion or change your mind about something if I state a fact and then back it up with a bunch of Google links? (Like posting Google links is proof of anything).

I still think the post was funny, and as such I believe I thanked Anthony for the laugh.

I know you do not care what my opinion is. You do not respect others unless they agree with your point of view. I on the other had actually respect your opinion and your right to express it. I care about it, I just don't agree with it.

What does "the holy grail of... mean?" It's called sarcasm:

sarcasm Audio pronunciation of "sarcasm" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
    n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

"Moron?" Back to name calling again are we. Anyway, as of this post you are on my ignore list. I've had enough of your childish insults and name calling. You've lost any respect you could have had. Like I said, I care about and respect your opinion, I just disagree with it. However I can see that you are just not a nice person and are angry about something. If supporting your opinions requires insulting someone else's intelligence you need more help than I my friend.

Mia, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit behind here, was trying to verify the Murdoch endoreses Kerry. Was news to me, still is. I do find an article where Murdoch endorsed Gore in 2000. Maybe that's why Gore lost :)

Labels...I don't mind labels. Neo-con, Republican, right wing nut job. They are just names. What's that old saying...sticks and stones...

I say again, there is no honor in making your own version of the truth to trash your country with. Patriotism does not have a four year shelf life.

I seek nor give no apology for calling it like I see it.

GTech, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  4. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Unbelievable, mia, you misquoted me on purpose to do what?

Here is what I said:

That's what this is, mia

Quote:
    "BBC's Newsnight". The holy grail of reporting for me. NOT.

Nothing like making up news

Thanx for the laugh. It's been a long day. I needed some more satire/humor.

Proove it. You never prove anything, you just insult and make fun of stuff implying it is

Left a little bit of my words out, did you?

mikmik, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  5. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    We are all calling it as we see it, gtech. And again, the implications of disloyalty to country. My, my. The big shmear. You are either with us or against us.
    If you are not with us, you are a traitor.

Yup. It doesn't matter, ... How could you be the same person who wrote about being unbiased and just using facts???

I am very confused. Are you drinking or something? That's how I get, anyways.
    That's why don't drink anymore.

mikmik, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  6. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    This was at least semi fun before, and informative - at least I learned some things, but I really have no interest in what is going on here now.

mikmik, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    [size=-1]I remember reading something to this affect in Bruce Page's "The Murdoch Archipelago" (Simon & Schuster), he explains the way that Murdoch plays the political game. Murdoch has a history of being supportive of whatever party will get him what he wants. He's a businessman afterall, and does what it necessary to make sure his bottom line is in order. He has supported both parties in his home land, as well as in the UK as well in the past.

I do know that his number 2 in charge ([/size]
    Peter Chernin) [size=-1]did for a fact support Kerry.
    [/size]

Mia, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  8. GTech

Best Answers:
    Nope, not drinking at all. Apparently you just skimmed right over:

There is no honor in deliberately making false statements about your country, time and again. One may be entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

GTech, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  9. GTech

Best Answers:
    I must say I was surprised to learn he backed Gore in 2000. It must be quite a surprise to those on the FAR other side of the spectrum.

I've always seen the typical "fox...murdoch...republican...propaganda" and just trained myself to skim right over it. During the elections, on Drudge Report, I kept seeing "FOX holds the number one spot." etc. I figured either *most* of American just didn't get, whatever it was we were not supposed to get, or on the other side of the fence, people were using the wrong brand of aluminum foil.

GTech, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    GTech has the same cut and paste Miami Herald article to dispute facts that the voting machines were rigged and forgets that Jeb Bush and his wife have major connections in Miami.

GTech propaganda will win you no followers :eek: :p

anthonycea, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  11. ozband

ozband Active Member

Best Answers:
    Todays Terrorists = The ......

Spammers

ozband, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  12. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    well, I hear what you are saying, but I have never had a suicide e-mail blow up and kill me.

Terrorists seem to have an endless supply of these twistoids.

I will have to say that I am terrified of terrorists, but mildly annoyed with spam.

I also have to say that I hate the trend to use metaphor out of all proportion like that, it is misleading at best, and is deliberate propaganda and false advertising at worst.

(sitetutor, did I see you at our forum? I am admin with minstrel and a few others at BoG ;) :)

That would be cool, BTW. We argue politics here, but we help each other everywhere else, threads, etc., that is what counts!)

mikmik, Apr 21, 2005 IP