1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To Webmasters And Seo Warning Notice Against Adbrite & Adsnese Policy

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by clasicom, Aug 8, 2007.

1. clasicom

clasicom Peon

Best Answers:
    Please read this from Benjamin Edelman http://www.benedelman.org/bio/

Unfortunately, I don't have any compelling suggestions to offer you. It sounds like AdBrite sold you fraudulent traffic, which you resold to Google, which led Google to terminate your account. You may not regard this as your fault, for understandable reasons. But from Google's perspective, it's hard to know that they can trust you.

If your goal going forward is to find some other source of traffic to sell to Google, perhaps you can write Google a careful, compelling email to explain what went wrong with Adbrite, and how you won't let it happen again. But as you say, Google can be inflexible. Ultimately that's their right, however misguided you may consider it.

Good luck,

Ben Edelman

clasicom, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  2. DoA

DoA Peon

Best Answers:
    It clearly states in adsense TOS that you cannot use any other ad program / system. So, its your own fault.

DoA, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    DoA, re-read the adsense TOS, you obviously have outdated infos. Plus it has never been about "any other ad program / system" but only contextual ones. Now it's not the case anymore.

Oops, this is if you're talking about mixing adsense and other ads on the same page, which is not the topic discussed here.

If you're talking about sending visitors to your adsense page, then read the adsense TOS at least once, you'll see nothing in here that looks like what you're saying, adbrite is not a link exchange system if that is what you were thinking about.

Anyway, I don't even know anymore what you're talking about now.

JamesColin, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  4. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for informing us. SO that we will not be the hunted by the same in future.

MayurGondaliya, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  5. clasicom

clasicom Peon

Best Answers:
    I not place 2 add in the same site
    Buy traffic from adbrite sell to adsense

clasicom, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  6. brianwiz

brianwiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up.. No more adbrite

brianwiz, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  7. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yea,that blows for sure..i have used adbrite sparingly on adult or joke oriented sites,but not in the last year or so

templates, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  8. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up mate. :)

ForgottenCreature, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  9. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's beyond a joke. You should have given adbrite a phone call. That would have sent me crazy if you were advertising with advertisers on their website and got banned from their publisher program because of their advertisers, Why don't you tell them that you were only getting your traffic from them. In a way it's Adbrites fault that your account was getting fraudulent traffic for not monitoring the advertisers. I personally don't think you should have got banned for that.

My mate has an arcade site and has always worried about advertising on places like Adbrite, but know that you can get some cheap traffic from some sites. He also know that there is a lot of very poor traffic coming from some of them sites. I then decided to ask in sitepoint forums if it would be best for him to create a landing page that looked excactly like his homepage but doesn't have ads on it. It will link to his sites internal pages just like the homepage would, but the sites pages will not link back to the landing page. I have found that a lot of fraud traffic just goes to a landing page and then leaves without clicking on any other pages, so this landing page will help to filter out the better traffic that is more likely to click on other pages from that landing page on his website.

My mate was also considered about Google because they mentioned about landing pages are not allowed, but he was going to use a robot.txt file to stop Google from indexing the page. The page was also not to trick google or nothing, it was just a landing page to use for his advertising on Adbrite, Adengage, etc.

Here is the response that I got when I asked in sitepoint. It seems that they think it's an idea that will not work, my mate is trying to invent the wheel, etc. They said that the more traffic you get the better, why try and block it out. I thought that it's better for my mate to use a page to try and block out most if not all of the robot or fraud traffic rather than loose his high paying CPM advertisers for just a few hundred dollars of advertising.

Here's the sitepoint thread: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495175

I'm john278 over at sitepoint by the way and I started start from the 5th posts down the thread. As you can see I do not have no where near as many posts as I have on this forums meaning that I much prefer these forums to that one.

john269, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  10. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would have given up a long time before you, this Shyflower is either playing with your nerves by acting dumb or is really mentally challenged.

I think the landing page in the case of your friend is very fine of course, as it will definitively filter out most of fraudulent traffic FROM the exchange banner system or adbrite campaigns.

JamesColin, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  11. ominetworks

ominetworks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the information, i was thinking if i would us adbrite but know i dont think it, i will us adsense and adword only.

thanks

ominetworks, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  12. akshay_1903

akshay_1903 Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharin

akshay_1903, Sep 10, 2007 IP