1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback To post or not to post?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by fastreplies, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    What da hell is happened here?
    I went out for imposed 5 yeas vacation (thank you Shawn) and as I recall at that time there would be somewhere around 500 - 1000 members online at any given moment and about 5000 guests but now, members: 46, guests: 1,141 not to mention as I remember, I would make post, go to kitchen get myself cup of coffee, come back and my last post would jump to page 2 or even 3 and as to overnight, I would have to run search to find what I have posted last night and now... I'm not kidding, go and see it for yourselves, my favorite directory forum on page 1 have 3 last posts made in June of 2015.

Shawn... what happened to your forum my man?
    It looks like you have managed to ban a whole bunch of active directories forum posters or they just walk away after you ban a couple of dozens of "rotten apples" or what I would call "forum souls" who would attract intelligent public by giving them the reason to come in a first place: to debate, argue their points, to learn thing or two from experts, do what normally people do in forums like socializing and having a good time etc.?

Well, I don't blame them for leaving cesspool of trolls, spammers and useless post counters, after all no one cares to debate Citizens of Trollsylvania or PPP (Pay Per Post) "geniuses" or imbeciles who know everything about nothing. Well, on a bright side, they have let you to keep the rest... plus all 46 members.

Since 10 days ago, when I went back to directories forum and started reading posts and see the uselessness of threads, I can't made myself to post something because that something will be another reason for Shawn to ban me for another 5 years.

So, I have dilemma: to post or not to post?

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing different to what has happened to almost every other forum.... they pretty much have all declined in activity levels.
    (Its a common topic of discussion in forum admin groups)

Agent000, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  3. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you visited Warriors forum lately?
    5 years ago they would average 100- 300 at any given time, now 1000
    Currently Active Users: 8148 (716 members and 7432 guests)

Half baked Webmaster Sun forum I think in India with 11,172 Members
    There are currently 1248 users online. 144 members and 1104 guests

I'm sure they have declined but, you here long enough to remember how hot
    we would debate, even you and I, til Dear Sarah would ban me and then for
    7 days forum would go in hibernation, week later another 7 days of involuntary
    vacation again to have quality time to enjoy my family, walking my dog
    and clean my toolbox.

No forum would throw at you so many infractions and bans as digital pointless
    without realizing that it works only if someone in here have something to sell,
    otherwise if Shawn wouldn't let me to spend here 30 or 60 minutes per day,
    after day, after day, the only winner who can't be thankful enough is my poppy.

So, my feedback diagnoses: Shawn, I told you so... remember?

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The last time I checked DP is still the largest internet marketing forum. In top 3 for sure. I tried some of the other internet marketing forums - they are ok, nothing spectacular. Overall I do not like forums run by a few "frozen-chosen gurus" which seems to be a pattern with all those other forums.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    qwikad.com, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You're gone for 5 years then you come back. And what do you do? Your first thread on returning is a thread dedicated to complaining. You chose a dead time to post numbers on DP, probably around 2 a.m. Then compare numbers from Warrior Forums at their peak time.
    Go back to Warrior, and this time stay there.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  6. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Wrong, at the same time but... just to please you, lets see what we have now.

WOW... Total: 1,546 (members: 65, guests: 1,389, robots: 92)

Bad mood?
    What happened, your boyfriend told you to get lost?

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't this a general trend? Forums are going the way of the Dodo, and there is little we can do about it. It's the same thing with Usenet, which was one of the first "forums" I attended when I was younger, because it was easy to use, and didn't take ages to download on a 56k modem (well, unless you ventured into the alt.binaries-groups, but lets not go there today) - most everything today happens on social media of some sort. The only times I visit forums that I'm not a part of is when I need assistance for something, and the customer service people have set up a forum instead of a direct line (which I usually find annoying, but hey).

In general, most people, as you can see from the stats, find this and other forums via a Google search, looking for the answer to something. As long as a forum provides good posts with good post titles, they might find something useful (Shawn: tags would be good to have, so that specific posts could be tagged with keywords - not for ads, just for showing up on Google) - because lets face it, most topics on the forums are either way too broad in scope, or just not even close to what is being asked.

Regardless - I have no idea about the marketing forums, mostly I consider them a breeding ground for scammers and wannabes, and hardly worth spending time on - and I guess that might be the case for quite a lot of people.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  8. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    That would be the case but some forum and DP is one of them is dying
    from self inflicted wounds imposed on itself by relentless banning for
    "offenses" no reasonable forum management would ever use and then
    of course overzealous Mods who can't wait to show 'peasants' who are
    the Bosses in this place.

fastreplies

9. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    There is actually VERY little modding and overzealousness in the interesting parts of this forum.

10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So you got banned for 5 years for acting like a twat and now you're back venting your spleen about it, get over yourself no-one actually gives a shit.

malky66, Jul 13, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ever heard of social media?

sarahk, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that I am a dinosaur. I started with Usenet and then moved on to email forums. The Market-L list was a great newsgroup that you could receive as an individual email for each post or a daily digest email with all of the day's posts. I like that because all posts would come right to your inbox. Granted, the most posts that I would get is about 25 per day (and some times much less), so it was manageable. I don't do social media however, except for keeping my linkedin profile current and connecting with people I know on it.

jrbiz, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  13. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Who put dirty yellow floor rug over your face?
    1. This is not about me, it's about this forum. Put your stupid reading glasses and read again my OP
    2. 5 years ago Sarah here would ban you for getting personal, calling me names, attacking me
    3. Got tired barking at your monitor in your basement, eh? OK boy, lets hear more of your barking.

fastreplies

14. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Could it be that, perhaps, there is next to no reason to use a directories-forum at all anymore? Haven't even looked at it, but I'm guessing it has to do with actually running directories? Does anyone do that anymore? For what? There are usually official directories (phonebooks and such), and for other searches you have Google. Why would you ever need a directory in this day and age? I'm just wondering.

15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This thread alone shows me DP is doing pretty good. I posted stuff on some other IM forums. You wait for days before you hear back, and the stuff you hear back is nothing but sales pitches.

qwikad.com, Jul 13, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I have one directory I use a lot - tripadvisor - and it shows that with a ton of resources (hours, dollars, smarts) you can make a success of a directory. Most of us don't have the resources (h, d, s) to make it happen though.

sarahk, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  17. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of forums are either dying or slowing down these days. This is due to many reasons including the social media sites, social media groups on those sites and also the fact that for most questions you can just do a Google search and find the information that you need faster than you can get a reply on a forum.

As for Warrior Forum, if you even look through the boards and read through the threads you will find that most everything there is complete junk, spam, people trying to sell complete junk or other completely worthless posts, threads and replies. Yes, that can be found here too as in all forums of this type (or similar), but Digital Point has a lot less of that stuff than Warrior Forum and the staff here does a much, much better job than WF staff does. I'd take Digital Point over Warrior Forum any day.

Yeah, things are changing here and with pretty much every other forum but it's just the way things are going around the internet these days. You can't compare what things were like a few years ago with how they are today on this forum or with basically any forum or site.

These days there are a lot more people trying to get rich (at least they think they can) doing something online and most have no idea as to what they are doing in the first place and what the right way to do those things are. That contributes to a lot of the junk/worthless posts, threads and replies you find in forums and other sites these days.

Just my 2 1/2 cents! ;)

ulterios, Jul 13, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I also notice on DP that there is an ebb and flow. People get busy with work, they take vacations, etc. Then a hot topic comes up and volumes of posts increase quite a bit. I kind of prefer this type of pace versus the constant stream of messages, pictures, etc., on various social media sites. Way too much activity for my taste.

jrbiz, Jul 14, 2016 IP
  19. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Ah, okay. Not what I would call a directory, but yeah, I can see how it can be argued that it is. To me, a directory is a plain listing of contact information - it can of course be divided into sections and types of business or any other way, but yeah. TripAdvisor, to me, is quite a bit more than a directory, it contains user information, ratings, info about the places and so on and so forth. But yeah, it is sort of a directory, just not the type I was thinking about :)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 14, 2016 IP
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here are a couple of traditional directories for the manufacturing/industrial industries that are EXTREMELY active:

thomasnet.com
    manta.com

jrbiz, Jul 14, 2016 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.