1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To Keep Old Blog or Start New One?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by BlogGal101, Oct 28, 2017.

Hello!
    I'm new to the forum and discovered it when I was trying to find some research on my particular question but there isn't much out there.
    I have more of a lifestyle blog right now that I've been working on and off on for aprox. 2 years. I really don't have as much as a following attachment to it but more so ALOT of time I spent on it (photographing,finding the right theme,working on seo,blogging topics,etc.) I just bought a house and has sparked a lifelong interest(home remodeling/decor).
    My Question Is, I am wondering if it would be best to start a fresh new blog on this niche? Or add it as an additional category on my old blog? Or maybe even tweak my old blog to this new niche(since I don't have really any followers yet, but it would mean renaming my blog which might be a headache)?
    My concern is my "old" blog is already scattered with various topics, it is more of a lifestyle blog because I didn't want to pinhold my self into one topic but thinking maybe it would be best to at least start with a more specific niche and then add some lifestyle bits latter on.
    Helpful advice and opinions are welcomed! Thank you!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    BlogGal101, Oct 28, 2017 IP
  2. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If it's a different niche I'd create a new blog.

David Morrison, Nov 5, 2017 IP
  3. robowarrior

robowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Age of a website plays a significant role in its search engine ranking. I would advise that you 'hold' your old blog, create a new one to quench your new found curiosity abt home remodeling and get back to old blog later on.

robowarrior, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  4. imkingcash

imkingcash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Focus on one blog. Having a new house, remodeling, an decor could fit into lifestyle. Think of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. They show you the person's home, the decor, the way it fits into their lifestyle. Focus on building a list. This will give you your following

imkingcash, Jan 7, 2018 IP