1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To Hummer Or Not?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Such Great Heights, Aug 23, 2004.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I want to apply for the job to shine and buff the Hummer, what does it pay? I know how to inflate tires also.

If I can sleep in the truck my monthly rate can be reduced, if I can't sleep in the truck, under the truck will be fine, it does have great ground clearance right? ;)

anthonycea, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  2. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Well ... the H2 is 9.7 inches off the ground, OR, with optional air suspension engaged you can get an extra inch, so 10.8 inches. Unless of course you raise it even more, because that might not be enough. :p

So if you are 9.5 inches tall laying down you CAN sleep under the H2. :rolleyes:

Such Great Heights, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    How about I just keep my car washing tools in my van, I will just sleep in the van if the pay is right.

Why are the machines so close to the ground, my two wheel drive pickup sits off the ground higher than that :D

anthonycea, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  4. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while, Alek! I totally want to move in with that family for a week...

ViciousSummer, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  5. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    'kinell Alek, that's cool.

Reminds me of the time I was at Bug Jam '88 at Santa Pod. This guy pulls up in the marshalling yard driving daddy's Porsche, looking all arrogant and smug. Next to him is this VW Beetle, with a wide wing kit, centre lines and all red oxide primer - doesn't look much so Mr. Porsche Tosser just turns his nose up. Underneath the bug body is a tube-chassis with a bored-out and tuned Rover V8 (Buick) with twin turbos and when the Christmas tree lights up the bug just p*sses all over the Porsche ROFL

Give him his dues, the Porsche driver came back for more so we flipped him the bird and hurled some verbals - he was humbled OK :D

Lever, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  6. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking in my crystal ball, I can just envision that 15 years from now, it will be VS pulling up at the drag strip in her minivan with her three kids. They all pile out and everyone snickers (and of course, checks out the hot-looking Mom) ... but then she smokes 'em in the 1/4 mile!

alek

P.S. I actually have done a small amount of drag racing - in my teen years, my younger brother did motocross, so I'd drive him to the track in the family station wagon. I'd get bored after a while, and since there was a drag strip at the raceway, I figured it would be fun to try that ... except when we got home, my parents weren't too happy about the large #743 emblazoned on the side of the wagon.

PPS. lever: enjoyed your story - BTW, here are some better christmas lights! ;-)

hulkster, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Alek, That is the craziest thing I have ever seen...

What made you think of getting them controlled by web users.

A great concept, that I am sure could be used for things other than christmas lights, but none the less - A GREAT F'KING IDEA!

SEbasic, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  8. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    LMAO :p I can't believe anyone would be caught dead in one of those :D

Here's one for you shawn:

Hummer H2: $50,000. Vanity plate: $300. Getting high-centered on a tree stump and pulled off by a 20-year-old beater Jeep: Priceless

Stumped Hummer

mopacfan, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  9. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    It's been a lotta fun the last two years (plus my neighbors have been pretty good about it) - I'm actually pretty excited about Christmas 2004 because as you can read from that link, I've got some new bells & whistles up my sleeve - I've done some of the coding allready, but I need to get serious about this in the next few weeks as my warm-up run is with my halloween lights

Since there seems to be interest, I'll post here in DP when things are "hot" - I'm targetting October 1st for Halloween and December 1st for Christmas.

GREAT Hummer/Jeep story mopacfan - loved it!

alek

P.S. While there is TONS of cool/geek stuff you can do with X10, the only other thing I use it for is turning on some house lights at dusk and off at dawn.

10. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I don't believe this - It's only August and I'm getting excited 'bout Xmas already :D Looking forward to the update

...oh and here's another "idiot's guide to getting a hummer stuck" with a $200+ bill and legal consequences too...

Lever, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  11. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    It is NEVER too early to start thinking about Christmas - in fact, the take-down in January is key to laying the groundwork for the following year - check out Planet Christmast for more loonies like me.

Enjoyed that Hummer story too!
    alek

12. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Hopefully in 15 years, the kids will be piling out of the hand-me-down Hummer :p ...

ViciousSummer, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  13. eye-2i.com

eye-2i.com Peon

Best Answers:
    good one summer

eye-2i.com, Aug 29, 2004 IP
  14. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I know about you from this forum, I have no doubt it will be something like that - cute! ;-)

hulkster, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  15. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Well, I got all of Shawn's hand-me-down's when we were growing up (not by choice, thank you... :rolleyes: ), so I paid my dues, damn it!

I'm totally kidding about the hand-me-down Hummer by the way... :p

ViciousSummer, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, I actually did it. A dealer gave me a good enough deal that I couldn't pass it up. :)

They didn't have the exact one I wanted, but another dealer did and they are swapping vehicles tonight, and I should get it tomorrow.

digitalpoint, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  17. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    hulkster, Sep 3, 2004 IP