1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To check disk space of Ubuntu 18 droplet with Digital ocean

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by mstdmstd, Nov 1, 2018.

Hello,
    Could you, please, explain, in console of my Digital ocean droplet with Ubuntu 18
    I run command to know how many of disk space I have

# df -HT
    Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev devtmpfs 504M 0 504M 0% /dev
    tmpfs tmpfs 104M 791k 103M 1% /run
    /dev/vda1 ext4 26G 6.0G 20G 23% /
    tmpfs tmpfs 517M 8.2k 517M 1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs tmpfs 5.3M 0 5.3M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs tmpfs 517M Laravel Tutorial - Filemanager 0 517M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/vda15 vfat 110M 3.6M 106M 4% /boot/efi
    tmpfs tmpfs 104M 0 104M 0% /run/user/0

Code (markup):
    I suppose that /dev/vda1 is my working partition I have 20 GB of free disk space I can use for my applications.
    Is it so?

Now on my laptop there is Kubuntu 18 too, so I suppose that /dev/vda15 that is boot partition. I have general understanding what is it.

1) Just interesting : what are the rest of partitions and have I anyway to pay attention on them or take care about them ?

2) If there is safe way to restart Ubuntu 18 on Digital ocean droplet ? In some cases I modify some
    config files, say of apache 2(I work with php) and I know that to apply my changes I need to run
    sudo service apache2 restart

Code (markup):
    But In some cases I do not know, if my changes are applied and I would prefer to restart my system as I usually do on my laptop...

Thanks!

mstdmstd, Nov 1, 2018 IP