1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

to blog or article write?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kaediem, Jun 18, 2006.

1. glennhefley

glennhefley Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with the "do both" crowd as well. If you are serious about building traffic and maintaining return visitors, you really do need both to sustain a website.

glennhefley, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, and don't worry about your question - it is valid, and I'm sure it's on many webmaster's minds.

I personally do both. With my billiards site, I have my main site, where the full articles go. I write these first, and prop them live.

Once the article is propped, I'll head to the blog, and write 100 words about the article, basically promoting it, and giving a link to the full article.

I treat the blog post almost as an advertisement, tracking the click-through of the link to the main article.

Generally what I'm finding is that as long as I make the blog post title match teh keywords for the article, it'll get picked up in the search engines, usually in the first page of results. (will vary depending on your subject)

The blog attracts a healthy number of visits per day (that would probably be lost if I didnt have the blog) that come from the posts, and in fact, the CTR for the links in my blog posts is around 67% - not too bad in my opinion. You'll never get that in a ppc campaign!

So, to sum up, go with both, but write for your main site, and just do teasers in your blog. (NOT just a copy of the intro paragraph - it has to be original)

Hope this helps.

grobar, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  3. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Submit your articles to http://ezinearticles.com/ and in the author biography box write something like "for more articles visit myblog.com". This way you get high quality links and some occasional visitors referred by ezinearticles.

danielbruzual, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  4. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see why you can't write your blog including how your children are dealing with the current events of the time. A lot of people like to know how to deal with issues, so, for example, Sesame Street has the gay character in certain countries. If he started in your country you can mention how you might explain the character to your kids and do a follow-up of how they reacted. Anyway, you can always add your articles at www.promoinnovations.com It is a PR5 site and not many articles are posted yet. You would surely get 1,000's of visitors to your article.

factchecker, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  5. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hat depends on your content, if in your blog we u have article then waite for google to index that page later u submit all article directorys with backlink, thisit helps to improve PR.

seo-mumbai, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  6. felix77

felix77 Peon

Best Answers:
    is that kind of thing allowed? using a blog as an advertisement? sounds good though

felix77, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  7. hazelj80

hazelj80 Guest

Best Answers:
    i do both. following this guys pattern
    http://portalfeeder.com/blog/?p=40

hazelj80, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  8. jopetho

jopetho Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the free articles authors requires you to not change the content anyway.. So if you follow this suite, you end up woth duplicate content otherwise copy right issue ????

So may be creating your own articles the best bet.

jopetho, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  9. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't there some tool for uploading articles to several sites at the same time?

mads, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  10. hazelj80

hazelj80 Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, there are many tools to do what you ask. but most of them don't submit to the best of the best because the best of the best don't like automated programs so they'll just reject anyhting you send. tommorow, i'm gonna bite the bullet and sit there and submit to 35 directories. then sunday, i'll do the other 35!

pain in butt- yes
    worth the trouble- hell yeah!

hazelj80, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  11. britopian.com

britopian.com Peon

Best Answers:
    britopian.com, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  12. anbee

anbee Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can, do both. I've got several blogs, and I'm finding that whereas six months ago I got great conversions from my blog entries, it's getting harder. I think that's because there are so many blogs out there.

My solution:

* blog every day -- short, original blog posts;

* write an article a week, post the article to my site, then a few days later, post a shortened version to ezinearticles, and write a blog entry pointing visitors to the article on my site.

I'll see how this works out over the next few months. :)

Hope this helps you.

Cheers

Angela

anbee, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  13. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good to do both, there is no harm in "redirecting" your blog visitors to your websites.

I would do it. actually it is a good question.

Franck S, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  14. britopian.com

britopian.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All...just wrote brief article that addresses this concern.

As I mentioned in a previous post, article marketing is NOT writing an effortless article (or buying one), submitting it to thousands of article directories and driving traffic to a generic page infested with Google Ad Sense. When creating an article marketing strategy, time should be spent writing an article that has value and/or satisfies a particular need. The title, probably the most important aspect of the article itself, should be written as bait to draw the attention of potential readers.

Read more here:

http://www.britopian.com/blog/2006/09/12/article-marketing-blogging-or-both/

britopian.com, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  15. hazelj80

hazelj80 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep, like i posted earlier, there maybe 700 directories, but only 10 percent are even worth the effort. i'm seeing results and a lil traffic for a new site. I do buy articles, but ask for specific articles once a week for two different sites. They get views and spread out. that's all i care about. PLR articles aren't worth it for me imho and that's where i'll agree on the "bought" part.

Yep, i always remeber a catchy title
    :)

hazelj80, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  16. Sirxl

Sirxl Peon

Best Answers:
    I blog short posts more than writing long articles since I don't have much time. So if you want more traffic to your site, its good to do both blog posts and articles so that people can still post it on there directories and thereby give you some added backlinks

Sirxl, Sep 26, 2006 IP