1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To all those who say Twitter is full of SPAM (Look here)

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Brandon Sheley, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's called "unfollow the spammers" ;) :rolleyes: :D

Brandon Sheley, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. MrCatana

MrCatana Peon

Best Answers:
    so you are the guy that unfollowed me :)))))

MrCatana, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    maybe
    another thing I've been doing lately is if the "source" is twitterfeed or API, I automatically unfollow
    it's been a nice way to go down my stream and unfollow those who aren't really on Twitter to network ;)

Brandon Sheley, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  4. kevinpatrick

kevinpatrick Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont care that there are spammers , jsut we should use ..

kevinpatrick, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  5. madmikeyb

madmikeyb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I personally have one twitter account for social networking and one for business/forumfeeds/other. Both seem to have the same followerbase, so yeah, but it works.

madmikeyb, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Not all feeds are bad. If you are a sports fan and you are following scores and news from all your teams, those are obviously a feed as the news comes in.
    Many people follow celebrities, and companies who's Twitter accounts are run by managers, or outsourced to a marketing company yet no one sees any problem with that, but God forbid someone should feed live Yankees play by play and they are all of a sudden not genuine ?

As far as when people are on Twitter. No one can predict that since Twitter is used all over the world in all time zones, the odds of actually being on Twitter at the same time as any small number of followers on any given time are rare. Everyone is not on Twitter at 5 P.M. PST on Tuesday.(for instance), so you are probably not going to be sitting there when most of your follows update.
    It is more important to be available and respond when people reply or DM you in a timely fashion, but the bottom line is, there is no way that there are productive people that have real jobs or businesses and responsibilities are on Twitter all freakin day. No way.

I see people that "seem" to be on all day long, and if they truly are, then they have no job, or nothing else to do with their day and I don't believe that. They are auto updating their Twitter feed, just not so you can detect it through normal channels, and if they are like me, they have Twitter running through an app, to answer DM's and reply's when they come in.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    hmansfield, Aug 30, 2009 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  7. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    all valid points
    although, I don't care for sports feeds either, I'd rather search for "chiefs" for example, and see what the real fans or tweeple at the game have to say.
    I'd much rather read a real persons opinion on how bad the chiefs suck, vs reading it from a feed :D

Brandon Sheley, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  8. more_sem

more_sem Peon

Best Answers:
    If twitter itself adds this info for the new twitters, then there will be eventual wider acceptability of twitter. Not too much point in talking about it as new twitters wont be looking here but i hope that they do look in here and that this does show up in search engines.

more_sem, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  9. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    for me twitter has been nothing but spam and garbage and very few on traffic.
    The other day I noticed in my logs a site is called tumblr.com Its also a micro blog. I have signed up on that one because there are tags you can use which twitter does not. Even looks better than twitter and has much more options than twitter. Since joining I have had some traffic in the 3 days I have joined. You can use twitter as well from tumblr

jkadin, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  10. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    they do, it's called "Twitter Business"

tumblr is completely different compared to twitter, which I do have an account.
    it's a decent service but I don't get into it much
    Twitter can be a great tool if used correctly ;)

Brandon Sheley, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  11. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    exactly ;)

Brandon Sheley, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  12. ArmKaz

ArmKaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It won't matter, a lot of advertisers are mentioning and private messaging random people in their tweets and about their sites. So by just unfollowing them, it won't necessarily get rid of them.

Generally, tweeter is just a spam machine. Really useful for hackers to use as botnets.

The first 20 visitors to your website from a tweet, is all twitter spiders for sites.

One of the best social networking websites for getting your website out there, is YouTube, Digg, and Facebook.

ArmKaz, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  13. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    not true

if you're not following someone, they can't DM you ;)

Brandon Sheley, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  14. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have two accounts where i use twitterfeed for just being able to use the timing feature of wordpress to put real content in there, so not all are bad. ;) but I agree it is a possibility.

nixande, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  15. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    I agree, not all are bad
    but the ones that are like this 100 times a day

Check out this red widget for 69$....(link)

are very annoying..lol

Brandon Sheley, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  16. socialsite

socialsite Member

Best Answers:
    When there is around 10,000 new users per day signing up it is understandable why so many marketers use it to sell there stuff. The fact is that pretty much what ever site your on your going to find someone selling something. That is just a fact of internet life. The real question is are they willing to really help you to also be successful online and to provide great content as well to help you achieve your goals. When you find a person like that then they are the ones you will want to deal with. The ones that are willing to go the extra mile to make sure you have help, and that over delivers is the best kind of marketer, and the one you will want to be connected with.

socialsite, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  17. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    they can't dm you but they can and do send @you spam messages, and at the moment there's an absolute plague of this going on. It's just rubbish to pretend that you don't get get spammed on twitter if you don't follow spam accounts.

magda, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  18. socialsite

socialsite Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone would want a free Twitter Ebook then let me know. I can't post it in here because I don't have my 25 post's done yet.

socialsite, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  19. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    the "block" button works just fine, and you don't see that type of spammer ;)

Brandon Sheley, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  20. letsmakeit

letsmakeit Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is still effective it is just how you use it.

letsmakeit, Nov 10, 2009 IP