1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To all money makers, where do you get the icons for your commercial projects?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by MBDungo, Nov 14, 2013.

For example, you have a project for your client that's willing to pay you, where do you get the icons that you need in your images?

I wondered that most of money makers just get their icons from the Web even they've no permissions to use the specific icons..

Does all graphic designers get their icons from the Web or some of them originally creates their own icons? Please tell your secrets, thanks!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    MBDungo, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  2. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are hundreds of free icon sets and stuff you can use in your commercial projects that could fit onto your design but from my point of view I like to use my own work, even if it means to lose another hour or two to design matching icons.

When you are creating everything from scratch then you have more power over your design, more ways. . .

GFX2, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  3. OaldDesign

OaldDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey i don't think there are many designers that create the icon by themselves most designer use the free icons website as you were told above there are a lot of those sites.
    The thing is that most of those sites rule is to give credit for the site if you use the icon, unless you pay for the use of them and then you don't need credit.
    Other option is the stock image website where you normally pay for getting image like istock for example, you could find there images with icons and pay for they use of them it may be better because you can search for few images that contains a lot of icons in them and then get like 20 icons for the price of one image.

OaldDesign, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  4. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please list all the top 5 free stock image websites?

MBDungo, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  5. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  6. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like https://www.iconfinder.com/ is missing and it looks they are not listed base on their ranks..
    But this thread would be a good list for stock image websites.

MBDungo, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  7. lfbond

lfbond Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this site is best for icons. http://www.iconarchive.com/
    Try this also: http://www.deviantart.com/

lfbond, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  8. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! Looks like your iconarchive.com have a higher Alexa rank than iconfinder.com .
    And some of the images on deviantart.com are no licences. Can I use all of those who don't have licences in commercial without linking the author?
    I hope no reply in this thread will be deleted because when I look for stock images I will try to check the sites that are listed in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    MBDungo, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  9. dee-spidey

dee-spidey Active Member

Best Answers:
    iconspedia

dee-spidey, Nov 24, 2013 IP