1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TmaxHost (MySQL server down for 2 weeks)

Discussion in 'Outages' started by tmarketeer, Mar 16, 2012.

Hi,

We were hosting at TmaxHost.com for several years already and 2 weeks ago the MySQL went server down. The html is still working though, but not the emails and blogs. We tried to contact them, but we got no reply in 2 weeks. Since the MySQL server is down, we cannot do even a backup of the databases.

Does anyone here has a contact with TmaxHost.com (the WhoIs information is outdated) or information if they are still here?

Thank you,
    T

tmarketeer, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No contact for 2 weeks? I'd say it's time to move.

WSWD, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  3. RobertStev

RobertStev Peon

Best Answers:
    yea, time to find a new host that is for sure.

RobertStev, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  4. Zordax

Zordax Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem. I opened 4 trouble tickets, but nobody gave me an answer from Tmaxhost.
    The probelm is that with MySql Server down, it's impossible to have a db backup to tranfer accounts to another hosting provider!

I had not problems with them in the past, but now they are causing serious damager to thier customers.
    The WHM - Cpanel in not working fine too: The /var partition on this server is running out of disk space. WHM operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

They have the web server full so that MYSQL stopped to work correctly.

I really don't know what to do.... I have a reseller plan and I have to move several accounts that are using php + Mysql, but since the server is offline, I can't make a backup!!!!!! Damn!!!!

Any idea?

Zordax, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  5. tmarketeer

tmarketeer Peon

Best Answers:
    TMax did a montly backup and the databases are there. At least I managed to retrieve them as .sql files. Go to backups and there are three buttons (daily, weekly and monthly). Just click on monthly and you will get the websites from the 1st March. Luckily the SQL server went down on the 2nd March we can still download the files (I guess it will do new monthly backup on the end of March, but do it as soon as possible).

The restore did not went so well, but I will play around. We got a new host yesterday. The .sql files are ok just I guess I need to create satabases first and restore them later...

Cheers,
    T

tmarketeer, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  6. Zordax

Zordax Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh great tip!!!! I did't think they made an automated backup!!! Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm downloading it right now.
    THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!!! :)

Zordax, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  7. Calvello

Calvello Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are with Tmaxhost you need to run away quickly. I live in Malaysia (a short way from Singapore where tmax supposedly is) and on a visit last week I found that the WhoIs address for them (him - Greg Tan) is false and the telephone number is missing 1 digit. I have had 3 reseller accounts with them for several years and no problems, but now it appears this one-man show has dropped off the planet, with no replies to support requests and the databases and mail server down.

Calvello, Apr 22, 2012 IP