1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Titles and Descriptions - Very Powerful Weapons

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stephenmunday, Jan 25, 2006.

1. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    Me too.I have read ,re-read and am still reading them.Excellent.Use them for reference all the time.Thankyou.

Btw..that IS Brad in his avatar and he is only 24!!!!! That is what the internet does to ya.;)

P.s If you need any beta testers for Keyword Elite..........................:D

MKInfo, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  2. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    No its my new aging syrum that I am developing, Only been using it for 6 months and look at the effects allready :)

Its going to be all the rave for 16 year olds.

Always here to help and just figure that anyone can do SEO providing they have the right knowledge and time to comit to it.

Brad Callen, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  3. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just going to say two simple things..
    Yes - they're needed.
    Yes - they're still being used even by Google.

Thanks for your time.

EGS, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  4. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    Have you already tested it on my wife?:D

Back to the subject................................................Description definately IS indexed by google.I know from bad experience while using Joomla.I put in a main description that went across all my pages consisting of keywords.Just look at my idexed pages in G. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&lr=&sa=G&q=site:www.skin-fresh.com

I have now changed them to reflect the page content of each individual page and hopefully they will update on the next crawl.

MKInfo, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That doesn't prove that Google uses the description tag for indexing or ranking sites, however. All it shows is that, depending on the search terms, Google will draw snippets from the search term (and page content and URL and anywhere else it finds relevant search terms).

Try dropping your description tag for one of your pages entirely. I think you'll find that your ranking for a given search term doesn't change (all other things being equal which I admit is hard to arrange).

minstrel, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  6. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Minstrel: You seem to be confusing the tag being indexed (i.e. stored in G's brain) with it being used to calculate rankings.

stephenmunday, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  7. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    You're right.I was.But I'm not now.:D

MKInfo, Jan 30, 2006 IP