1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Title Tags Make The Difference?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by charmingvideos, May 1, 2018.

My website has well written content. That being said, I have been playing around with title tags. I noticed if I change the title tag, my keyword phrase does appear at the top of google search.
    Not worry, the title tag changes have words that are written within the content.

Questions: #1, Is it a good idea to have | in the title tag?
    SEMrush
    Question 2: Currently my website shows up as Video Creator Log Angeles | Freelance Videos Maker. If I remove the slash |, would my site show up as: Video Creator Los Angles Freelance Videos?

Question #3, How long should both a title and description tag consist of?

Content is not an issue as it is well written and passes copy rights.

charmingvideos, May 1, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. dam pointing

dam pointing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The title should be of 70 characters And yes if you remove | then it will definitely be removed from the title.

dam pointing, May 4, 2018 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can have "|" them as long as they are relevant.

Title tags are supposed to describe your page more and more accurately. So, if they serve their purpose then its okay.

And if you are asking about meta description then I will suggest that you leave them blank. Let the search engines decide what's best for your page.

mrb1129, May 4, 2018 IP