1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Title issue

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by magdev, Mar 9, 2013.

meta Title of my home page is being appended with all other pages titles. How can i stop this?
    magdev, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  2. MaximusMcc

MaximusMcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Look at your settings in your dashboard, it sounds like you have the yoast plug in look in the settings and you will see the setting where it is appending to every page. Just uncheck that box and that should do it. Here is a graphic for you.
    titlesmetas.JPG
    MaximusMcc, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  3. magdev

magdev Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i have done that, actually for my template no seo plugin is working, no one has been compatible. After installing Yoast or All in one or any other seo plugin, if i disable this option, then what happens is that One meta tile is set for all of the built-in template plages. For example if i have Page A, B, C and D and then one meta title is set for all these pages.

Also i have tried removing all seo plugins and the issue i am facing is with default wordpress settings without any seo plugin.
    magdev, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  4. MaximusMcc

MaximusMcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    May I take a look at your site?

Thanks - Maximus McCullough
  5. magdev

magdev Member

Best Answers:
    sure, http://www.flightravelgear.com, currently i am not using any seo plugin becuase i think its not compatible with it. The default settings attach main title to each page. ALso i am not able to set meta title for my blogs because i cant use any plugin. what would you suggest.
    magdev, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  6. MaximusMcc

MaximusMcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I went to your site and it looks like you still have some plug in files that are associated with your pages. here is some code from you pages.

Code (Text):
    1.     <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US" >
    2.     <head><title>Aircrafts for Sale | Pilot Shop, Flight Travel Gear and Aviation Classifieds</title>
    3.     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="http://www.flightravelgear.com/wp-content/themes/sitemile-framework/style.css" />
    4.     <!-- <script src="http://www.flightravelgear.com/wp-content/themes/sitemile-framework/js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> -->
    6.     <link rel='stylesheet' id='NextGEN-css'  href='http://www.flightravelgear.com/wp-content[COLOR=#ff0000]/plugins[/COLOR]/nextgen-gallery/css/nggallery.css?ver=1.0.0' type='text/css' media='screen' />
    7. <link rel='stylesheet' id='shutter-css'  href='http://www.flightravelgear.com/wp-content[COLOR=#ff0000]/plugins/nextgen-gallery[/COLOR]/shutter/shutter-reloaded.css?ver=1.3.4' type='text/css' media='screen' />
    It looks to me like your theme needs modifed to included the meta description because I do not see it in here. You can take a look at mywebsite a1websitepro.com to see how the code should look. I believe that you can use an seo plug in you just need to get rid of the files from the plug ins that you are no longer using. Those files need deleted because they will interfere with future plug ins and that may be why you cannot use plug ins now for your seo. You can find them in your dashboard under the editor.
  7. magdev

magdev Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reviewing in detail, which files are you referring to which i should delete, i am using nextgen for media gallery. Please let me know so that i can delete these files.
    magdev, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  8. MaximusMcc

MaximusMcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are using next gen plug in then dont delete it, lol. I thought that you could not use any plug ins. That must of been just SEO plug ins but that does not make sense either. Why do you not think that you cannot use SEO plug ins?
  9. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using all in SEO plugin?
    creativewebmaster, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  10. MaximusMcc

MaximusMcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use Yoast SEO plug in, its about the best one out there.
    MaximusMcc, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  11. magdev

magdev Member

Best Answers:
    actually these plugins are not compatible with my theme, or else i may have any plugin which is causing conflict. I have tried many plugins.
    magdev, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  12. MaximusMcc

MaximusMcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok here you go, if you really think that you cannot use plug ins put this in your header.php. You may have to edit the code that is there and replace it with this one.
    Code (Text):
    1. <?php if (  (is_home()) || (is_front_page())  ) { ?>
    2. <meta name="description" content="Blog description goes here" />
    3. <?php } elseif (is_single()) { ?>
    4. <meta name="description" content="<?php the_excerpt();?>"/>
    5. <?php } ?>
    Good Luck!
  13. magdev

magdev Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks , also have tried it, will give it another try, i came up with another solution, setup a subdomain and install blog on it and plugin, i think it will not interfere with my template in that case, what do you think
    magdev, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  14. MaximusMcc

MaximusMcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that your template functions.php file needs modified to let you use plug ins, lol. It makes like a lot easier for you. I wrote an article similar to this at http://a1websitepro.com/2013/03/09/how-to-add-a-widget-in-wordpress/ it will show you how to get to your functions file. You can look at the functions file in your theme. I don't think adding a sub-domain is the answer, I think fixing your current theme is the answer, lol.
  15. magdev

magdev Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right, but i am stuck right now, thank for article, i will read it in detail
    magdev, Mar 11, 2013 IP