1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Title change for third time in a site is it a problem

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vinay007, Oct 25, 2013.

I have site related to web designing for client demand i changed title on third time in a month. now can you tell me is there any problem with this. How many time we change the title for a particular website or how much time search engine take to fetch new title.

vinay007, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  2. papa mia

papa mia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not really a problem. But a website will rank good in the keywords it uses for title. So changing it after it had been for a long time might affect the site's rankings on those keywords. Therefor, I don't think it's a problem for a new site.

papa mia, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  3. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The search engine spiders are repeatedly coming back to your site, spidering a little bit of it, and then heading off again – so they don't overburden your servers.

So they will find your new heading soon enough.

It really doesn't matter how often you change it. But the question is: is it going to help your page to rank in Google?

If it includes a keyword phrase which you have a chance of ranking for and if you have paid attention to other on page factors – the description tag, the meta title tag, headings on the page, the keywords appearing in having it in an image alt tag, et cetera – then you will have a better chance of ranking in Google for that keyword if someone searches on it.

Apart from that, Google is not going to downgrade you in any way for changing your title several times. After all, people change their minds all the time LOL

Malc

malcsimm, Oct 27, 2013 IP