1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tired of the Google Tyranny?

Discussion in 'Google' started by visio, Nov 14, 2006.

Okay I am really fed up with the "I hate Google", "why are we using/following/making money with google", "why don't we all gang up on google".

It is abunch of crap. First of all Google has never done anything but try to offer a free service that gives relevant searches. YES they have a PPC search engine but why the heck shouldn't they? MSN, Yahoo and anyother tom dick and harry search engine does.

For those of you who have lost rankings you never paid for them so you should be thankful you ever had them and work to get them back instead of wasting time complaining.

For those of you who complain about SPAM please use Yahoo! for a week.
    Yes thats it.

For those of you with 'free sites' either put up Adsense and make some money or create your own product. Google never said you couldn't. And you may use Yahoo advertising if you like. I own a couple free sites which make really good income using adsense ONLY because I worked hard to make them what they are. That is all you have to do as well that is if you got work power. Lazy people don't make it in the search industry.

What you guys got to realize is google isn't the enemy when they bring 1000 searches compared to 138/day with all the rest combined.

And for those who think Googles updates have problems - Just because YOUR site loses rankings doesn't mean Google is having problems. The Google updates are unpredictable so to keep BH/spammers shaking. Yes I know 'innocent' webmasters lose rankings. But Google doesn't just ban sites randomly. You did do something. Or maybe it is more something you didn't do like keep up with the site.

But if you really hate google that much and plan to disown them as a search engine please NOTIFY me via PM and I will buy your sites.

I just wanted to say that as I am getting sick of hearing how bad Google is yet if I check I am sure you are all in the Google index unless you aren't indexed yet. Anyone STUPID enough to dissallow Google should retire from the internet.

Anyways I am done. But just want to say that NO update has every uprooted any of my positions(some minor ones under 50 searches a month perhaps) Yes you could say I serve google because they make me money but I WORKED for it. They didn't hand it to me. You can do the same. It doesn't take rocket science or Nasa would own google.

visio, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I love Google.

Ever since they started kicking out crap sites with the quality score all I have seen are whiners all over the place crying about how unfair Google is. Any sudden ranking drops is caused becaue "google hates me", and every ban turns a crook into a poor innocent webmaster that got terminated for no reason at all.

Google rocks!

fryman, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  3. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha ha,,, nice rant o Visio....

Google pays the bills at the moment. I have no clients that want to get high rankings in MSN... or even Yahoo unless they have G locked up already :0)

Isn't it just a sign of success? Folks are always 'hating' Microsoft, but some how they seem to be making out ok....

Fun rant tho bro.... cya round!

thegypsy, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  4. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah - People say I take this stand because I make alot of money doing it. Yet I make a good deal just talking with webmasters who act like this so that isn't true either

visio, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  5. Neale

Neale Peon

Best Answers:
    Some times you just gotta play by the rules.
    "even though it sucks" occasionaly ;)
    Their will allways be goverments & leaders & a^^*)%#s That have the power
    maybe you havent read the news recently but google have all the power !
    & it aint going to change anytime soon. They run a pretty tight ship & seem to be doing well for the majority of folks, Thats what its all about satisfying the majority.

Neale, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well mate there is a bigger chance of getting in the majority than the minority now isn't there? ;)

I don't see the problem really. Before Google there was Yahoo. Yahoo is still around and I can probably say bigger than before google(man that was hard to say) so you have a choice of going to them. Yahoo! would be no bigger if Google didn't exist.

visio, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  7. Neale

Neale Peon

Best Answers:
    What's scary is if they start buying each other out.

Personaly I have no major gripe with google I'm such a small player
    In the whole scheme of things. I gave up fighting along time ago :)

Neale, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  8. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately that is the case with most that complain about Google.

visio, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  9. aramiK

aramiK Peon

Best Answers:
    word.........

aramiK, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  10. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't any of you address the utter irrelevant ad results that google spams users with on it's engine. As a result of higher-paying no-content pay-for subscription template websites. If not the sites bidding on literally everything and defining the true definition of why dynamic ads create blindness. Many times it's not possible to toss their own definition of the "quality" system further into the trash.

I find it interesting that anytime anyone has valid points to make (not just i) every pro-google person here fails to acknowledge none the less post or address anything regarding it, as if it doesn't exist.

Yeah almost all of the anti-google complaining here is illegitimate. But that hardly means there isn't solid points to be made regarding "problems" @ google. You want to run around blindly and create "google is perfect" & "stop complaining" threads go for it.

Google does have a couple good qualities. Yes they have the most indexed. And yes for the most part they eliminate ~a lot of (blatent) spam. Unfortunately the biggest glaring flaw, which one could argue is completely driven by money. Is their ranking system. Engine & Adwords.

I don't think i need to point out the complete endless amount of phrases that illegitimately (not necessarily ~full ~spam) rank in both systems. Both driven by money &/or unethical methods that google claims to be against.

That said, i've gotton the most amount of engine hits from google that i ever have in the past week or so. But i'm not foolish enough to be blinded by that in regards to other existent "issues".

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Spam... Sites Positioned Above Me, huh?

fryman, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  12. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    ? was that a joke or do you seriously want me to point some out for you? (engine & adwords)

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Nah, we already have hundreds of thread with people whining about how bad Google is

That is why Visio tried to start a different one, but it seems people are starting to whine here also

fryman, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  14. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    So you define whining as legitimate points in which you won't address directly. I see.

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    "legitimate"... yeah...

I actually rank top 10 for all my keywords so I wouldn't be able to understand your "legitimate" issues...

fryman, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  16. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you're so confident let me research what your top10 keywords are.

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  17. Dudibob

Dudibob Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got a few sites that Google 'hates' but I don't moan, I try and find out why Google 'hates' them and make sure it never happens again :) it's all interesting to find out what makes Google tick

Dudibob, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  18. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

The next time you join yet another SEO forum/chat. You may consider not using the name 'fryman' &/or adding your location of mexico. Since you wouldn't even hint at what you 'rank' on (as i knew you wouldn't) I decided to do some research. To say what i've found is interesting, is an understatement.

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  19. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    who really cares, start a post like this what doy ou expect, your fishing for a fight or debate at the least

mobilebay, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  20. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really hate it when people post without reading a thread :rolleyes:

I said Google is nowhere near perfect but who is? MSN and Yahoo! can't even compared with flawed google so why complain about google. Atleast they are better than the rest. Google has problems LIKE EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY. But it remains the most relevant search engine. Webmasters complain because they lose Adsense money - that is wrong. I should keep it even if I did click my own ads or someone else CFed. The others complain that the adwords listings are irrelevant and spammy. IT ISN"T HUMAN EDITED so there are going to be spam however it still beats the hell out of MSN and Yahoo! Like I said you can always choose them if you like. When someone finds/builds,un-buries a search engine better than Google I will then be a pro-[SE Name Missing].

I know right. It isn't the first one I started either. I have done it on nearly all the forums I belong to(related to seo in some way). Some take it good and others don't. It varies....

Point out ONE point where another search engine excels over Google. I can't think of one to be honest...

Spend months(like I and others have) researching Adwords versus other forms of advertising and then pick your choice. There is click-fraud in google but it is usually rectefied(usually the advertiser gets the money back). I have had many good conversations with Google about click-fraud. I always inform them when I find it on my site.
    Google has spam in the Adwords system - of course they do. They can't get everything and some of you don't realize how much Google does know but isn't taking care of. Google uses some of these spam sites as bait to learn how to trap more and destroy more spam than just the one site. THIS is where MSN and Yahoo! have failed majorly.

visio, Nov 15, 2006 IP