1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tired of displaying public service ads?!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by allfeeds, May 5, 2004.

Hello all

I'd like to introduce you to a new program we have developed at http://www.allfeeds.com

Its called Google Backfill.

It gives you an alternate url for your google adsense account which will replace the public service ads displayed on your website with targeted advertisements that look exactly the same as google!

It auto detects your colors and styles and automatically displays the exact same way google does.

All you have to do is select a few keywords that are revelant to your site, and it will display targeted advertisements in place of the public service ads automatically!

Its quick easy and free so get started today!

http://www.allfeeds.com

Thanks

John
    Alfeeds.com

allfeeds, May 5, 2004 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    A very interesting sales pitch!

Hopefully this will outperform BidClix and MarketBanker.

Will.Spencer, May 5, 2004 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Your service is up and running at Fort Liberty.

The first impression is very good -- and this is coming from a guy who just five minutes ago told a vendor that his product had "no redeeming qualities."

The most positive point is that the ads are MUCH more relevant than the BidClix and MarketBanker ads I experimented with.

And, of course, the co-existence with AdWords is a complete and total winner.

On the down side -- and something you could fairly easily repair -- the ads do NOT "look exactly the same as google". In fact, they do not look much like Google AdWords at all! Work some HTML/CSS magic until they do and I will be an even happier customer. I will also promote your product on the Internet Search Engines FAQ.

I'm going to go tell other folks about your new service...

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What sort of click through payment can people expect with the program?

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 5, 2004 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I've had three valid clicks for a total of $.07 thus far.

That's represents a CTR of .25. My average AdSense CTR for this site for the last seven days was .7.

My CPC was $.023. My average AdSense CPC for this site for the last seven days was $.226.

This is obviously a horribly small sample size.

Jumping the gun a bit, I attribute the lower CTR to two things:

1. I didn't choose enough keywords, so I am not consistently seeing 5 ads in the 160x600 skyscraper.

2. The ads are not as "pretty" as Google AdSense ads. The border should be beautified. The copy of some of the ads just stops suddenly. If you have fewer than the maximum number of ads, the ads are spread out evenly instead of being pushed to the top.

I have also had one invalid click, but I do not know why.

6. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    A very good idea.

This is a great opp for new sites with high page volume awaiting mediabot too.

Damn.. I wish I'd thought of that :)

john_loch, May 6, 2004 IP
  7. allfeeds

allfeeds Guest

Best Answers:
    Will,

Thanks for your support!

We are continually striving to improve our program and your feedback really helps!

We will be re-vamping the look of the ads in the coming weeks to "beautify" them and make them look more like Google (exactly).

We are aware of a few of the descriptions being cut off out of the box and will be fixed during the re-vamp.

Again, Thanks for your support!

John Mayor
    Allfeeds.com

allfeeds, May 7, 2004 IP
  8. allfeeds

allfeeds Guest

Best Answers:

Shawn,

Currently we are paying out 50% of the bid price for every click generated by an ad or search result listing.

You can take a look at our bids by searching on http://search.allfeeds.com

Thanks for your interest

John Mayor
    Allfeeds.com

allfeeds, May 7, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    anthonycea, May 8, 2004 IP
  10. HeadBuilder

HeadBuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    This looks like a great tool.
    May I know if there's any verification from Google that they approve of this and will not get us kicked out of their Adsense program if we use Backfill?

HeadBuilder, May 9, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Knowing how Google works, I would say that they have a antitrust problem on their hands, I know that they will exclude competitive programs in their ALGOS. How do I know this, because they favor ADSENSE programs in the SERP's, want proof look at http://www.webcenter.squarespace.com you will see that Google redirects traffic to ADSENSE publishing partners.

They will also downgrade companies that use competitive programs, but I could not care less about Google, they are going down the tubes anyway.

I look at my server logs and the MSNbot is there everyday, so I know for a fact that Google will be a afterthought in this business soon.

I know for one that I will not miss them when they are gone.

Yes there is a search engine war going on and Google will penalize those who they determine are not on their side.

So I guess we all have to place our bets.

anthonycea, May 9, 2004 IP
  12. allfeeds

allfeeds Guest

Best Answers:
    The system is 100% compatible with Adsense because it uses' google's alternate ad url.

Which complies 100% with their terms :)

Thanks for your Interest

John Mayor
    Allfeeds.com

allfeeds, May 9, 2004 IP
  13. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I just received the cease and desist letter from AdSense:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Will,

While reviewing your account, we noticed that you have modified the AdSense ad code on your site, www.fortliberty.org.

We understand the importance of maintaining the quality of your site and your site's user experience. However, we currently offer a number of ad formats, and we do not allow AdSense participants to alter the ad code for any reason, including changing the ad layout. This would also include inserting additional code within the AdSense ad code. In order to comply with our program policies, we ask that you please return the ad code to its unedited form as it is provided on the 'Ad Layout Code' page in your AdSense account. With the current color customization and size options, we hope that you'll find the ad format that best suits your needs.

Thank you for your understanding. Once you've made the appropriate changes, please reply to this email so we may review your site again.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

Will.Spencer, May 10, 2004 IP
  14. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What did you change?

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 10, 2004 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I added the code required by the AllFeeds service.

Will.Spencer, May 11, 2004 IP
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    AllFeeds.com has changed their code to conform with Google's requirements and I now have the new code in operation waiting for a review by the AdSense staff.

Will.Spencer, May 12, 2004 IP
  17. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    I think it's wise to remember that all engines eventually run out of steam, and I agree that Google is doing everything to expand it's business, and slowly but surely becoming dependant on others to stay afloat, the pending IPO not withstanding.

They shafted a lot of Webmasters last November, and their response was downright rude.

It reminded me of a fact that many in the seo community overlook. It is not a privilege to be crawled by a bot, but the bots owner to be allowed to crawl a site. After all, they make money from **your content**.

I for one have a long memory. And my view is simple. Leverage them for all they're worth, then discard them and move on. Learn from what they do to the general WM community. I really don't care who's crawling my sites. Just so long as I can leverage their actions.

I DO care about my audience. At the end of the day, the engines are just another means to reach them. Whoever commands top spot - the technology (seo) will follow.

That felt good !! :)

Now for the more immediate..
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    AllFeeds.com has changed their code to conform with Google's requirements and I now have the new code in operation waiting for a review by the AdSense staff.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

I look forward to their response :)

john_loch, May 12, 2004 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Google seems to be happy now.

Will.Spencer, May 19, 2004 IP
  19. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you can 100% confirm that we can use it with no backlash from Google. This mod sounds interesting...

misohoni, May 21, 2004 IP
  20. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    anthonycea - your ads did not display

leeds1, May 22, 2004 IP