1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips to Successful Keyword Research

Discussion in 'Google' started by kiddoman, May 31, 2011.

1. Define Synonyms: Use "Google Sets" to brainstorm synonyms for your topic or niche. For example, if your topic is dog products, you can go for pet products, pet beds, leashes, etc..

2. Search with "how": Many times people seek for answers when they search online. They use the word "how" while searching. Using the synonyms found in the above method combined with "how", you can get more number of keyphrases with the Google keyword suggestion tool.

3. Note down your action terms: Record the action terms like training, advertising, buying etc.. These are the terms people use while looking for information related to dogs or pets. Use this list to brainstorm synonyms for these terms as well.

Open your keyword tool, enter your action term combined with your topic and find out what people are interested in and what they are searching for.

4. Search count: Generally people go for keywords that have high search count value. Ranking for these keywords takes longer time, from weeks to months depending on the competition of keywords.

Do not neglect keywords that have low search count. You can take 3 -4 low search count keywords and combine them to form a long tail keyword. You can develop content around this long tail keyword and submit in your site.

5. Magazines: Use magazines related to your niche to find what people are looking for. Look for the topic that is posted more frequently and for more number of times in the magazine. Choose such topics, develop content around them and post in your site or blog.

kiddoman, May 31, 2011 IP
  2. Barrett1

Barrett1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fantastic post to evaluate the better keyword selection,Unique keywords are really helpful to demonstrate the optimization.I know much about SEO and the keyword information is awesome here.I think the basic SEO tool is the appropriate keyword to choose.
    Great thanks for sharing and so nice of you.

Barrett1, May 31, 2011 IP
  3. Quasha

Quasha Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent posts on keyword research. This will really help me as I have to find some appropritae keywords for my client for an IT consulting firm. Any suggestion friend?

Quasha, May 31, 2011 IP
  4. wiseman.wiseman05

wiseman.wiseman05 Peon

Best Answers:
    These are really useful tips to find the suitable keywords and I also take the help of Google Adword keyword tool to find the best suited keyword for my site.
    Anyways thanks for your sharing.

wiseman.wiseman05, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  5. veedaoncology

veedaoncology Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello friend,

Really nice tips.thanks for sharing.

veedaoncology, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  6. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good tips indeed, and getting along with people or community that is related to your topic, you surely can get ideas and tips there how they look for certain products or services and incorporate it on your site.

WishBone, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  7. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    The below are 5 tips to a successful keyword research campaign:

1. Define Synonyms: Use "Google Sets" to brainstorm synonyms for your topic or niche. For example, if your topic is dog products, you can go for pet products, pet beds, leashes, etc..

2. Search with "how": Many times people seek for answers when they search online. They use the word "how" while searching. Using the synonyms found in the above method combined with "how", you can get more number of keyphrases with the Google keyword suggestion tool.

3. Note down your action terms: Record the action terms like training, advertising, buying etc.. These are the terms people use while looking for information related to dogs or pets. Use this list to brainstorm synonyms for these terms as well.

stevenyoung, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  8. mapleisaac

mapleisaac Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did some keyword research and made me headache, I hate keyword research, but have to do it. =(

mapleisaac, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  9. jyhqp

jyhqp Peon

Best Answers:
    jyhqp, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  10. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using google adwords keyword tool is ideal together with the collected keyword listing

rypher21, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  11. untungsupriono

untungsupriono Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, for ideas you also want to look at competitor sites and look at the keywords or terms that they are using and how they rank. You might want to go a different direction with keywords, but the competitor pages may help clarify the words that should be unique.

untungsupriono, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  12. JancyLee

JancyLee Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the part on high low search volume mentioned here is very important. Most people often neglect those keywords which they think has low volume which is obviously wrong.

JancyLee, Jun 2, 2011 IP