1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips on how to earn money with your writing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by deepower, Mar 5, 2009.

1. yoavbp

yoavbp Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips! TNX!

yoavbp, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  2. homeworkin

homeworkin Guest

Best Answers:
    Writing opens so many doors, whether you are writing for your own sites or for someone else. I highly recommend studying how to write effective articles for the web. This has been a lifesaver for me and brings in tons of great traffic to my sites.

homeworkin, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  3. phillipmarlow

phillipmarlow Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the list of sites to get work. Quite the informative list.

phillipmarlow, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  4. Raven1

Raven1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that many of the links you've listed for 'paid article writing' are some of the lowest paying on the internet. There are options to earn much more money from each article than the lowest paying (and often lower quality) sites. Good writers deserve more than the slave-labor rates most clients want to pay for our hard work.

Perhaps try www.warriorforum.com - the internet marketers there are willing to pay writers for quality (unlike the marketers on this forum who only want cheap and nasty for 50 cents an article)

www.constant-content.com - I agree with writers selling work here - writers are treated well there, the pay rates are less like slave-labor camps and more like actual compensation for your time and effort.

Textbroker.com is another content mill willing to pay writers properly and not treat them like sub-standard slaves.

There are so many more I won't list them all here. I'll make a point to list them on my blog though.

Raven1, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  5. Mahamaya

Mahamaya Peon

Best Answers:
    Wonderful collection of information, i must say. Thanks a lot. That was quite informative :)

Mahamaya, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  6. harvester

harvester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Dee\Ron, very useful info.
    I've only been seriously marketing myself as a freelance writer for about a week, but in that week I landed an editing job from a poster here on DP, and perhaps surprisingly it was pretty well-paid. I'll take (another) look at the content-for-sale sites that you mention, but am kind of haunted by the words of Jenn, who says she avoids them like the plague.

harvester, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  7. PDX Audi VW Outlet

PDX Audi VW Outlet Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are great tips. Very imformative and helpful. Thanks

PDX Audi VW Outlet, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  8. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great info!
    You are really cool to share this with us

omarabid, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  9. mogili7

mogili7 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for all the wonderful information given out here. May I add a few more sites where you can make money. Some bidding sites like elance, getafreelancer and rentacoder are good starting points for newcomers and also professionals.

mogili7, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  10. wolfleg

wolfleg Peon

Best Answers:
    very nice. this is useful to me.thank you!

wolfleg, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  11. websea

websea Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent, thank you very much for all of this.

websea, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  12. MLSinMichigan

MLSinMichigan Banned

Best Answers:
    Great post, Dee. :)

I have to agree with one9host in regard to WickedFire.com. I just checked it out and all I can say is TOUGH CROWD!

~MLS

MLSinMichigan, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  13. MeganMorgan

MeganMorgan Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone suggest how to avoid being charged slave wages? I've been doing print freelance for some time and am trying to break into online freelancing, but the rates people want to charge are ludicrous. I have a graduate degree in English; I can't live off of $0.0008 per word, and anyway I like to think my skills are worth more than that. Any thoughts?

MeganMorgan, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  14. vabeaty

vabeaty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing yourself is the best way to go. I assume by your signature that you have a website, so that's a start.

When I first started out, I had absolutely no idea where to begin. Everyone here in the copywriting forum is so helpful.

Do you have a blog? Somewhere that you can ramble on about anything and everything? Mine has helped me considerably to express myself and to get me started in writing when I really didn't have a project to complete.

vabeaty, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  15. bgillingham

bgillingham Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had a lot of good results using a single javascript plugin -- called ShareThis... If you are in control of the web site or if you can add the specific javascript to your posts, the ShareThis button is priceless.

[​IMG]

It helps to really have enough words in your articles so that search engines place you higher in their results. The

bgillingham, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  16. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't put yourself in a position to earn pennies.

It's your business, so charge what you want. If there's a market segment that isn't inline with your pricing, don't waddle in it.

If writing X-type of articles isn't going to pay what you want, then don't write them.

You can also help yourself by learning some marketing and how to monetize content on the Internet for your own purposes.

Your goal is to find clients who think you're worth what you believe you're worth. It's as simple as that.

Lastly, imagine I need a simple painting for my bathroom. I just need to fill up some space on a wall. If the best painter in the world came to my home, do you think I'd be willing to pay him like the best in the world? Of course not.

You need to fill the market with what the market wants. If a market segment is looking for articles with a certain quality level for a certain price, then quality over that level is wasted and prices above that level are likely to halt the buying process.

And BTW, if you really want to be paid what you're truly worth, you have two options:

1. Do your own stuff.

2. Get into writing results-based copy, such as sales letters. Then your clients will have a dollars and cents estimation of your value. Great writers are highly rewarded and poor writers go away.

marketjunction, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  17. Webplay

Webplay Member

Best Answers:
    Here's another great place to sell your articles - Articlesale.com.

You write an article, give your own price and simply wait for its buyer. Payments are made through PayPal.

Webplay, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  18. mantmeyer

mantmeyer Guest

Best Answers:
    This is a very useful thread, thank you for all the information.

mantmeyer, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  19. nuaeman

nuaeman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wowo.. very useful information. Thanks a lot and I agree with what you says in those tips

nuaeman, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  20. longlocks

longlocks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am registered with Constant Content, but I wasn't sure if articles are selling well on that site. I am considering that site, now. Thanks.

longlocks, Apr 22, 2009 IP