1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for marketing on myspace.com

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by John Guanzon, Nov 30, 2006.

If you want to market on myspace, a higher "quality" friend count and memberships to groups or a large member group must be your first focus. It is all about building a base. But how do you build that base?

Lets take this in sections starting with how to get a higher "quality" friend count. Why do I say quality? Because you want people who will be interested in what you are marketing.

First thing you want to do is go to the search myspace bar, and put in what it is that you market. This will bring up peoples profiles that have the related topic you searched somewhere in their page content. There are some great initial friend requests to make.

Second, increase your friend count by using a friend adder program. The best one I have used can get you up to 2500 adds in one day for only 5 dollars. That site is friendstorm.com, it offers a paid service that delivers excellent service for a even better price. Now why have random people add you? For one, you increase you chances of finding another interested person with each friend add. Also you are in every one of those peoples friends list, increasing the chances of being seen and added by people who are interested in what you may offer.

Next, take advantage of groups. Search the groups for content that matches what you are marketing. Join as many of those groups as possible. Make sure that your posts in those forums abide by the rules of the group moderator. If no groups match your content, this would be a great time to make a group of your own that does.

Spam without spamming. I have found that if you have your website in your screen name, it shows as a clickable link when you visit the Myspace chat room. Example: Webmaster of www.tradelinksfree.com. The tradelinksfree.com part will become a link every time you make a post in the chat room. Some may not like this, so if it disturbs members of the chat, either leave or change the screen name until your done chatting. But most of the time people will ask you about the url in your name, and an opportunity to give a little talk about what you offer will arise.

Once you have friends, make sure to take full advantage of your bulletins. Post bulletins frequently to get the attention of people who may be interested in what you are marketing. To ensure people don't get bugged by your bulletins it is a good rule of thumb to delete your bulletins after you post about 4 or five before posting anymore.

Myspace is worth the time, because your potential reach in a network of over 100 million users is limitless.

John Guanzon

John Guanzon, Nov 30, 2006 IP
    john_loch likes this.
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Helpful post John, Thanks :)

john_loch, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  3. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks John!

4. dericf

dericf Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent post!

MySpace marketing is still large uncharted territory compared to, say, list building. But it's just a matter of time when people get it all figured out. :)

dericf, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  5. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently trying to finish writing the book on myspace marketing. This is actually a intro to the topic taken from my first book, "Traffic Gaining Pro".

6. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    i disagree with posting bulletins often. a few times per week is fine, but dont want to piss off your client base.

Blanket, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  7. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MTbiker, Dec 1, 2006 IP