1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for growing the blog of my website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by caskes, Feb 5, 2016.

Hey everyone!

I am looking into growing the traffic of my blog to get more conversions for my regular services!
    What strategies have you used that worked/didn't work? since there are a lot of them out there and I don't have time to try them all!

Thanks!

caskes, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  2. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, to test your conversions you need to be getting 20 or more people to your landing pages or whatever...

Build backlinks with url's and anchore text with variose related keywords and go after that organic traffic with your blog.

You can guess post of other related sites and build exposer and brand yourself.

Its good to have a few ways but like you said just stick with just one or two to get the ball rolling and your feet wet first.

EPol83, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  3. caskes

caskes Peon

Best Answers:
    Aright, thanks! I'll try it out!

caskes, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  4. Linda Stier

Linda Stier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Start strong off page SEO. I Hope If you can do it properly you will get more traffic for your site.

Linda Stier, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  5. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write fresh new quality content everyday and share your articles to your social networks.

ceenote100, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  6. caskes

caskes Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone! I am already writing cool content, the challenge now is to make it popular :)

caskes, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  7. Renaldo Edmondson

Renaldo Edmondson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Caskes,

post your blog on your facebook page and boost it for $5 or so to reach the crowd it's aligned with (applies to.) If it's good enough to be shareable, you'll get a large reach and high impression exposure for a tiny cost.

Even you're familiar with facebook ads/ power editor, use that, it's even better ;)

Renaldo Edmondson, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  8. caskes

caskes Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot, i'll give it a try!

caskes, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  9. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, As other have said that writing quality content is very important to drive traffic and increase user engagement.

iwebsocial, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  10. Snowman90

Snowman90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some Good replies here.

Let me just add my two sense. Since SEO takes kind of a long time and you're more than likely trying to growth hack this thing, the best advice I can give you is to go where the fish are.

What do I mean by that? I mean you should participate in niche specific forums like this one and be genuinely helpful. Help people solve their problems and they will begin to view you as an expert.

If you can't or don't want to do that, here are a few other ways to quickly increase traffic to your site.
    1. create a scoop.it profile and start a board. Curate your own content and the content of others. You can also suggest your content to other users that have relevant boards.
    2. Find blogs on through Google that rank for relevant keywords and leave insightful comments
    3. teach a class on udemy.com or skillshare.com
    4. Get your company featured on newsletters like startup digest.
    5. Put a signature in all of your outgoing emails that links back to your blog.
    6. give a way some of your product/service to relevant youtubers for a review and promotion
    7.If it's a product, sign up for an Appsumo deal
    8.run a promotion or giveaway where people have to follow you on social media or sign up to your newsletter
    9. Find young/new journalists at a large publication. Befriend them, and then pitch them your story. (PM if you want more details on how to do this one properly
    10. Manually reach out to people in your niche and start building your network.

I have a longer list somewhere and I can did it out if you need it.

Snowman90, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  11. QuickViewsPlus

QuickViewsPlus Peon

Best Answers:
    http://folllike.com/?120510. It is a referral link. Just cut the?120510 if you don't want that
    This is a Follow/Like or anything you want people to do to your site For any Social Site you can think of.
    You earn points on this site watching,following,etc... You can buy points, But don't bother its easy to get them for free.
    Then you set up your own link so people will Visit,Sign up,Comment...Etc.. On whatever you want them to do.
    It will Boost your Rank in searches.... get Great comment's... Anything you need is on this site to help you launch your site fast.
    I Hope this helps you.

QuickViewsPlus, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  12. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Write GREAT content - helps your potential clients solve their problems, answers their questions etc.)
    2. try to post regularly. You don't have to post daily, even weekly works. Make it count
    3. spend A LOT of time promoting. It's useless to keep on posting if no one reads. So, for each hour you spend writing, spend 4 more hours promoting the content.
    4. create a list and entice people to subscribe. Use lead magnets as incentives.
    5. keep on providing excellent content, so that you'll be seen as an authority.

dojodesign, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  13. caskes

caskes Peon

Best Answers:
    wow! Thanks for the replies everyone! very useful!

caskes, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  14. gamblingdomains

gamblingdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try writing articles and features of other companies and be sure to tweet about it too. You might rank for keywords related to those reviews and when the article has a positive light then they might even retweet back to their audience.

gamblingdomains, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  15. George Martinez

George Martinez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Brilliant idea!

George Martinez, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  16. Diego Herrera

Diego Herrera Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey caskes about publishing your blog to Fb and running ad campaigns to it you have to be carefull since facebook is very strict about what types of stuff they allow to promote on their paid platform so make sure you first read and understand FB rules before running any paid ads.

I hope that helps

Diego Herrera, Feb 27, 2016 IP
  17. George Martinez

George Martinez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Additionally, blogs should be timely to allow more traffic.

George Martinez, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  18. jazzd1

jazzd1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GREAT ADVICE!!

jazzd1, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  19. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    I use WP Robot, an autoblogging plugin for WordPress. Once setup, it's semi-automated and it retrieves a bunch of good content sources from youtubes, article directories, and news releases. Automated tools like this are not perfect. Sometimes, the content comes out mumbo jumbo, but overall, it's good enough for my intention. My goal isn't to rank in Google's search engine. Instead, my goal was to create a Facebook Page and post links there and reroute my Facebook followers back to my blog. I then setup a lead page to build a good list to work with.

WebmasterPhil, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  20. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, if you need a good traffic, try to improve your platform! It is very important too, use WordPress! Also, develop your traffic and design! Use a lot of keywords and interect with others sites and blogs!

JudySlean, May 11, 2016 IP