1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

tips and advice on how to run my online site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Wolfyz, Nov 26, 2017.

can you please give me tips on how to charge other supliers that will place there products on my website

is it a % i should charge on each product or fixed amount
    how can i make them come to me and not to other website should i do it for free for the first few months ?

Wolfyz, Nov 26, 2017 IP
  2. mlamarize12

mlamarize12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I would charge them a percentage for every sale they make, but if you want to do a fixed amount I recommend it should be a fixed amount to have a profile on your site.

Make sure your site stands out from the rest because some of the best ones don't charge at all.

Instead they use affiliate marketing ads on their members pages which I also recommend as it could make you a lot if done correctly.

Letting them make a free profile to market their products is a lot more attractive which would bring more traffic to your site.

Having affiliate ads on your site then charging them a small percentage for every sale they make could make you a lot of money in the long run.

mlamarize12, Nov 28, 2017 IP
  3. Wolfyz

Wolfyz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i like the small percentage part it fits me more i guess small percentage with lot of items will make more money for me maybe no fixed charged

Wolfyz, Dec 1, 2017 IP
  4. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think charging them a % from the sales is the best option.

dimitarang, Dec 1, 2017 IP
  5. Wolfyz

Wolfyz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how can i set the percentage for each items cost 10usd 30 us 50 usd 100 500 1000+ etc
    is there is a formula or something that might help or depends on my running cost

Wolfyz, Dec 2, 2017 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The entire problem with his question is, why would I? If he has a forum, why would I post on his newbie forum when there are
    tons of top notch forums already out there that I could get traffic from. If he ran a classifieds site, then why would I post an
    ad on some unknown site when there already is tons of top notch classified sites that I can already submit too.

there are quite a few big sites already that do exactly what he describes, some of them charge a small fee + credit card/paypal fees,
    and I am talking about sites that already get tons of traffic. If i was marketing my products, then I would go to proven sites that
    already have proven traffic, and i certainly would not waste effort, and time on newbie sites that have nothing to offer or show for....

then all the other crap you have to deal with:

Advertising/Marketing for the next few years....
    Design concept to attract visitors.
    Coders to fix broken this or that....
    Better have a short/cool ass domain also....

Think of it this way, why would I go to his newbie site when I can just
    list my products on known sites like ebay, and scores of other similar sites?

It will be an uphill battle...
    and some battles are just not worth fighting for...
    (unless you have skills and resources to invest...)

Let me guess...

You have little to no money.
    You are not a coder.
    you are not a designer.
    you are not a writer.
    you simply want to do with other sites have achieved....
    (however, I could be wrong on all points...)

dscurlock, Dec 2, 2017 IP