1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips and Advice for Starting a Blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by annabelliee, Jul 19, 2014.

Hello!
    Recently, I decided that it would be cool to start writing a blog, although I am just having a few problems with starting it, such as - How much is a suitable amount to write for 1 blog post? - Can you talk about many different topics or do you have to stick with just 1? - Where is the best place to start writing a blog? etc..
    If you have any advice and tips on starting a blog (doesn't just have to answer the questions above) and maintaining it, then that would be great and it would be really helpful. I would appreciate any help, thank you :)

annabelliee, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  2. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My blog posts are usually anywhere from 500 to 1300 words and I keep to one specific topic in my post, although I write about a few various topics all around my blog.

Helge Sverre, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  3. Michael Akinlabi

Michael Akinlabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well... Before you start your blog, you need to answer the below questions:

What are you passionate about?
    What's your area of expertise?
    Tell me one thing that can keep you up all night.
    What would you love to do in the future?

Your blog don't have to be about so many things. It just need to focus on a group of people with ONE interest.

This ONE niche will come from answering the above questions well.

After you've find out the niche you'll like to blog about, search for competitors. Look for the top 10. What are they doing? How are they making money off their blogs? Then what can you do to beat these competitors? What do you think is lacking and can improve?

Your answers to these question is what will determine if your blog will be a success or not.

Michael Akinlabi, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  4. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The most successful blogs i've ever seen have articles with a minimum of 300-500 words and the topics are always clustered around one niche. Both Michael and Helge have excellent advice and I suggest you answer Michael's questions for yourself before you move forward. You have to be very passionate about the topic and make sure you can write about it regularly. If you're starting out perhaps go with a free WordPress site or Blogger blog. Once you see it growing and want to expand with your own domain and want faster load times etc, you can always migrate to a bigger webhost (like us) but again, see if you first can hold and keep up with the blog in a free setting before investing more than time into it.

gotkloud, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  5. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    focus on 1 topic, write at least 300 word article and from there you build your blog. Make sure that you are writing that something interest you.

chinesegirl07, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  6. Andrew M. Warner

Andrew M. Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can talk about whatever you want however the amount that you would write would depend on what your audience requires. People may say that you should write about something that interests you, but that's the half-truth, you need to make sure that there's an audience there as well that's hungry for that information.

Andrew M. Warner, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  7. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    With my blog the blog posts length are rather different though it depends on what I am writing about and how in depth I am going. It can be anything from 400-2500 words. And I probably send about 2 days a week writing them for the week ahead.

My point about blogging content is that it must be unique, offer value to the reader and basically provide something that they wont get elsewhere. You need to stand out otherwise you will never get good traffic/income from your blog.

My Weight Loss Dream, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  8. Romy Lakip

Romy Lakip Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice would be:

1. Photographs hold more weight you think
    2. Follow the leader - Look up other blogs that are popular and copy them

Romy Lakip, Sep 23, 2014 IP