1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Time travel hoax? (Leon Czolgosz)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Waffleguy, Oct 30, 2007.

I've been seeing this all over the place online:

"Leon Czolgosz, assassin of William McKinley, the the 25th President of the United States, was electrocuted for his crime on October 29, 1901, at Auburn Prison in Auburn, New York. Among the personal effects found in his cell was a U.S. quarter stamped with the date 2218. The face in profile on said quarter was not George Washington, but rather a face which has yet to be identified. "

I'm assuming this is a joke/hoax... or is there some truth to this? It's entirely possible I suppose, a fke coin could be created relatively easily.

What do you think?

Waffleguy, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  2. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    why not hang around for 211 years and find out?

samantha pia, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  3. zrohder

zrohder Banned

Best Answers:
    do you have a link pointing to that article you found...??

zrohder, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  4. Pinoguin

Pinoguin Peon

Best Answers:
    No idea.. can't even find it on snopes

Pinoguin, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  5. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it was published in 2309, in a history book

samantha pia, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  6. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Codythebest, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  7. karlitokaloy

karlitokaloy Peon

Best Answers:
    Time Travel
    Karl Marquez

Two decades ago, who would have thought that computers would be present in every home and offices around the world? Two centuries ago, flying crafts were too crazy for an idea. Two thousand years ago, Earth was considered to be the center of the universe. Well, there has always been someone who thinks otherwise. Bill Gates found Microsoft. The Wright Brothers invented aircrafts. Nicholas Copernicus proved that the Sun was the center of the Solar System. Now tell me, do you believe Time Machine is possible?

I'm almost sure if you ask a random person in the streets if Time Machine be possible, he would think you must be insane. Most of us think this idea is good only for fictional novels and Sci-fi movies. This is not entirely the case for one man. His name was Albert Einstein, the famous scientist of the 20th Century. He revolutionized the world of Science with his groundbreaking theories and experiments. This man, crazy though it seems, believes in Time Travel.

Albert Einstein, one of the great thinkers and scientists in history. This man introduced us to the theory of relativity. Einstein's Theory of Relativity, not only proves that time is not constant, but it also conceptualizes the idea of Time Travel. This became his famous, world-renowned theory that triggered a lot of discussion amongst students, professors, and scientists. It's basic principle is that EVERYTHING is relative— everything is not absolute: mass, velocity, light, space. Even TIME is relative. I know it is hard to believe but remember the time when Nicolas Copernicus was being ridiculed at and even got sent to jail because of his Solar System Theory? His theory, that happens to be a fact today. There are other theories supported by Einstein that we can travel through time; time is relative.

The TWIN PARADOX is very famous. He said that if a body or person travels at a speed of light, time passes more slowly. Imagine this scenario. There once lived twin baby brothers. One of the brothers was abducted by a UFO and traveled the galaxy by the speed of light. When the abducted brother returned to Earth, he met his twin brother left behind and found out that his brother aged greatly and now an old man. However, he only aged for few years.
    There are other paradoxes that are greatly supported by experiments and had been proven true by renowned scientists. We have Gravitational Time Dilation Theory which says that an atomic clock, the most accurate clock in the world, placed far from massive bodies such as mountains or at higher gravitational potentials, run faster. Atomic clocks close to massive bodies, or at lower gravitational potentials, run slower. For example, if an atomic clock is placed at the summit of Mt. Everest, that clock runs faster, at just about nanoseconds, than on a clock placed away from the mountain. This just shows how relative time is, and this might be a strong element for time-traveling. Believe it, or not.
    Thanks to our contemporary scientists, who contributed major breakthroughs in time traveling, and to the person who has made strong impact in this phenomenon, Albert Einstein. He provided us with small hints about time traveling. Hints that will greatly help future scientists to create time-traveling devices. Perhaps a time machine. You may ridicule me and you may want to file an arrest charged against me, but remember Copernicus? Now, do you still think Time Travel is NOT possible?

karlitokaloy, Jul 13, 2011 IP