1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Time taken to write an original & good quality 500-word article

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Content Maestro, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Splash Copywriters

Splash Copywriters Peon

Best Answers:
    I think 1-2 hours is perfect ball-park figure.

Splash Copywriters, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  2. aafable

aafable Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me I would say the average is about an hour. I make sure that whatever I researched is correct, and that seems to be what takes the most time.

aafable, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  3. crccrc

crccrc Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wrote a 4000 word article, it didn't take long to type, but took probably 10 hours from tweaking, adding pictures etc..

crccrc, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  4. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    indiasbull, Dec 7, 2017 IP
  5. Stalyn

Stalyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As some one here said, you have to take into consideration the time you spend on research, editing and so on.

Stalyn, Jan 5, 2018 IP
  6. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay So I am really good with research and typing. So, I'd say about 30-45 minutes is all it would take to write up a good quality, well-researched and original 500 words article. The best way to make it fast is to prepare an outline for your content and just follow through with it.

Works great for me and helps me put all the thoughts in direction as well.

Bella Lopez, Jan 6, 2018 IP
  7. dscross

dscross Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    While I know that it totally depends on the content you are creating, I think some of you guys are crazy if you think 30mins per 500 words equals good quality content in most cases, especially if you don't know the topic very well. With research, writing, proofing editing around 2 hours is perfectly reasonable, even for experienced writers. This is especially true is you are writing for the press or creating marketing collateral, but I'd even say it's true of thought leadership blogs. I've been in journalism, copywriting, marcomms and now freelancing for about 10 years. I've done it myself and hired people to do it for me as well. Believe me when I say the quality is much more important than the quantity.

Also, I hope those of you who think 500 words in 30mins is OK are not charging clients that per hour, because you're affecting the writing market if so (making clients believe that's how fast it should be done).

dscross, Feb 14, 2018 IP
  8. bubulink

bubulink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Original? Depending on the topic, I can do it in about half an hour, and in a pretty decent fashion, too (note that I'm not a native English speaker).
    High-quality? Well, this needs more time: looking up the information, spellchecking, reading it again and again, adjusting it to sound better, more natural... it can take anywhere from an hour to a few.

bubulink, Nov 7, 2018 IP