1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Time required to complete an article (300 words)?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by celestial, Dec 25, 2008.

1. tarakesh.rao

tarakesh.rao Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on time and Quality of work
    Half and hour for 300 words is not so bad
    But more speeding would help of better
    keep in mind quality

tarakesh.rao, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  2. Rakhi Chowdhary

Rakhi Chowdhary Peon

Best Answers:
    Content Writing - writing for a website or for an article or a blog or newsletter or press release. So for what you are writing it also matter. Also as other friends have said theme matter, your knowledge base on the particular topic, if you have root knowledge and strong hold then you can easily write without spending much time doing research. Availability of resources is another point to consider, if all the resources needed is within your reach then you do not waste time looking here for them.

Rakhi Chowdhary, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  3. Mahamaya

Mahamaya Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you are taking that much time to complete an article of 300 words, you might be a novice in the field. Are you? In any case, if you are an experienced writer, it should not take more than 20-25 min at the max. If the subject line is complicated and a lot of research is involved, then the time spent could be a bit more, may be 40-45 min.

Mahamaya, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  4. Online Writer

Online Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I typically can bust out a quality 500 word article in 20 minutes. I take my time and open about 3 windows for researching if I don't know very much about it.

I can probably do 4 300 word articles in an hour and keep a great quality level. Unless they are about something strange I have never heard of.

Online Writer, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  5. FreelanceSally

FreelanceSally Peon

Best Answers:
    If I’m well versed in the subject and it’s a standard 500 word article that requires 3% density, 1 hour is right on the money. However, if I know absolutely nothing about the topic and practically no valuable research material is available via the internet, it can take me up to 3 hours. Of course, this includes calling up local companies, asking colleagues and friends and when I reach a dead end I call 411; you never know who you’ll get on the line, haha.

FreelanceSally, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  6. adrian0102

adrian0102 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think just half an hour..
    i have tried it..

adrian0102, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  7. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    If it is something I know well. 15 mins
    Reseach can take longer than writing with a short article

INEEDCONTENT, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  8. recraig2

recraig2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot believe you used the word "anyhoo"! :eek: What an old-lady word! ;)

A 300-word article at 50 words per minute typing takes at least 6 minutes. Now factor in creation time and revision time. You have at least 20 minutes for a genuine article. Remember, we are professionals and there is no crap in what we write, right? :cool:

If you must research the topic first it should not take much for a 300-word article. Research should take no longer than three times the time to write the article. So you are looking at 80 minutes maximum for research, creating, writing, and re-writing a 300-word article.

I hope this information was detailed enough to help you pace yourself.

Cheers,
    R.

recraig2, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  9. stealthymarketer

stealthymarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    My best performing articles tend to take me around an hour to do and are usually about 500 words, the payback is worthwhile though with high article views and good sales from ezinearticles. I think spending the extra time has to be worthwhile. I can knock up an article in about 20 minutes, but it's never going to be as good.

stealthymarketer, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  10. Sn00py

Sn00py Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the amount of research necessary, which is one reason why it's such a good idea to specialize in a certain field. If you already know the nuts and bolts of an area, you can promise customers a fast turnaround because you're only learning about how the relevant information relates to their needs instead of having to start from the ground up.

Sn00py, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  11. hemux

hemux Banned

Best Answers:
    It takes around 15 minutes if i know the topic. Otherwise it takes around 30-40minutes.

But these days it is just 15 minutes or so, have been working as an article writer for the past year or so! So pretty familiar with alot of niches!

hemux, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  12. RifqiAF

RifqiAF Active Member

Best Answers:
    if i built the article from scratch, it could take up to an hour for each article...but if i rewrite other article to be unique article, it only takes 15 mins...

RifqiAF, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  13. karen morgan

karen morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes me an hour to an hour and a half depending on how much research is involved.

karen morgan, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  14. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on what you're writing about. For instance, Sunday I wrote 10 articles on Twitter and 10 articles on PR. I created an outline for each topic before I started writing. Because I knew Twitter pretty well, it took less than an hour to write all 10 articles, each more than 400 words. I didn't know PR as well, so it took some research, and in the end I wrote those articles in about an hour and 45 minutes.

Then again, I tend to write fast. On my blog, I can easily write a 1,000 word article in about 15 minutes; pays to type pretty well. :)

the writer, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  15. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    About 10 minutes maximum, 500 words I usually complete in 8 minutes.

With a mind like an encyclopedia and typing at 60wpm, it rarely takes me much more than that.

Most articles I can get onto page 1 of Google within one hour for any keyword that I choose, often I'll accomplish this in minutes rather than an hour or more.

£££, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  16. longlocks

longlocks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the time depends on how well you know the subject, the writing style required, and your writing ability. I can write a 300-word article in less than 20 minutes if I know the subject well, especially if I can write in an informal style.

longlocks, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  17. AaronFish

AaronFish Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how much I know about the subject. If I know a lot about it and thus minimal research is involved, then I can write it in 30 minutes. If the topic is new to me, I might spend 30 minutes on research and another 30 minutes on writing.

After that, you also have to revise the article of course, but for 300 words this shouldn't take long.

AaronFish, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  18. websolveit

websolveit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Minimum an hour for 500 word article. (Of course I alwaysprefer to outsource!) I can see most of you write articles at tremendous speed.

websolveit, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  19. selwynroars

selwynroars Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality articles at 500 words take about 90 minutes.

selwynroars, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  20. Morphineadaicted

Morphineadaicted Peon

Best Answers:
    well for me it takes about 60min to complete a nice article

Morphineadaicted, Apr 28, 2009 IP