1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Three domains with same contents

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Deepak_Kotian, Jul 17, 2013.

I have three domains with same contents, One website needs to be optimized i.e. "SiteA" (example)

Two other domains which has similar contents are "SiteB" and "SiteC"

How to resolve these duplicate issue? Is there any other option to solve this issue except 301 redirection?

I want to gain good ranking to siteA website.

Solved! View solution.
    Deepak_Kotian, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  2. macrosoft85

macrosoft85 Member

Best Answers:
    This is big problem. We should not use same content in different domain. We can use rel="canonical" to avoid duplicate content issues.

Web Design Company

macrosoft85, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  3. Deepak_Kotian

Deepak_Kotian Member

Best Answers:
    Please let me know the best solution for above issue.

Deepak_Kotian, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  4. isha189

isha189 Member

Best Answers:
    If you are the ownerr of site B & C then remove duplicate content from both sites. As simple as this.

isha189, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  5. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    If Site B and C are similar to site A then you have to completely change the whole website to avoid duplicate content.

My Property Stores, Jul 18, 2013 IP
    Dear Deepak_Kotian, you are mentioning the most common problem which we all are facing, especially from Indian clients, those who don't know much about the importance of original content, I too was working for one of my client, who had 7-8 domains, and all other domains are using the same content of his main website. Despite being the fact, that I resisted for this, the client preferred to remove me than removing the content from all other domains.

BTW the solution to this problem is that you can use canonical and noindex tags to manage this, though the best possible solution is that you should revamp the content of Site B and C so that it should have different content than the Site A.

Ideally each webpage should have different content on your website.....

aninfo, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  7. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You just change the content of site B and site C otherwise Google will penalize your website. Now a day Google is updating the algorithm and after update of panda and pengiun low quality content domains are not any more. So you just change content if you want to safe yourself.

iamalive, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  8. Deepak_Kotian

Deepak_Kotian Member

Best Answers:

What if i add meta robots tag to nofollow the contents and links for site A and Site B? Can i add show the original link in each page of site A and Site B? Is it okay to avoid penalty from Google?

Deepak_Kotian, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  9. Deepak_Kotian

Deepak_Kotian Member

Best Answers:

Thank you very much your feedback. So I would like to add the canonical tag to other two duplicate content websites to avoid duplicate content issue. One more question will i get any problem if i wont add noindex robots tag to other two websites.? Because duplicate sites already got indexed in search engines.

Deepak_Kotian, Jul 18, 2013 IP