1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Thread Sort Order

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well.. I don't wanna be rude and go all "hahaha"... but Hahaha! :p I don't know with you, but the beanstalk in my backyard is kind of wilting & my hen that lays golden eggs is currently on maternity leave, so yeah, I might have a problem with that. :)

Love*, Aug 19, 2009 IP
    sawz likes this.
  2. tanujdude91

tanujdude91 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ultimately you should go with the majority and the majority wants the previous order back . Just my 2 cents .

tanujdude91, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And the "majority" of people who seem to be complaining about it are also active bumpers. :rolleyes:

A) The poll is reasonably well split (and has been the whole time). To say the majority at the moment means anything would be the same as if we'd said a week or so ago that the changes would be permanent just because those not minding it were slightly in the majority then.

B) The poll certainly doesn't represent the majority of members using BST with the low turnout (not surprising since most people rarely seem to read stickies anyway).

C) The change hasn't been around long enough yet for the majority to have properly adapted (meaning they're not exactly in a position to compare them objectively).

jhmattern, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  4. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Active bumpers?..

Name me anyone .. only one.. seller in DP who is not bumping there thread when there are no replies?
    That seller must not be a mod :|

AaRGeE, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  5. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:

65% of the users either don't like it or are changing their setting back to the old way, that is not reasonably split, add to this the fact that half of those who voted against the old way are MODS, i thought the purpose of that poll is to ask the users how they felt about the new changes not the mods. the mods should not vote and still:

the majority of users don't like it, and the poll options are biased to begin with. :)

funkymario, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think you just made a good case for why the change was needed.

If they're willing to change it back, then they're adapting and doing what they want with it. No big deal and no "oh my god, the thread sort order's going to kill my business" mentality. I say great for them. So yes, I'd call that reasonably split. And every poll has some bias. As do S&F threads considering most people only come here when they have problems (not when they're fine with things). And really? Mods don't count? I must have missed the memo saying we're not allowed to do business here too. Will have to check on that.

jhmattern, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  7. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    You might have more credibility if you weren't notorious for creating accounts for the purpose of promoting your own threads and giving yourself fraudulent itrader.

If you're going to quote numbers, don't forget to eliminate the twenty members who voted against it who are banned. Perhaps it was only one person who voted twenty times...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    TikTok, Aug 20, 2009 IP
    mdvasanth86 likes this.
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Exactly why the change was made. :)

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  9. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats obvious.. DP already have strict rules for them!!

Mistake happens in life man.. I already suffered a 4-5 month ban for that and that was the last mistake I did. I have been a good naughty member after that.. :D

As for itraders.. remove each itrader from my dup accounts if you can.. maybe all my ex-banned dup accounts are written in my User Profile Page!

Allright.. You win .. Ofcourse! :rolleyes: .. But Please close the Poll .. It is just to fake us?! I know you said you did not started it .. but I know you have full power to close it!

Mind Close this thread too cause whatever a seller say to whomever .. Change is not going to be changed!

AaRGeE, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This thread isn't about changing it. This thread is about giving people a new feature so they can control how they want to sort it on their own.

11. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes Indeed.
    But the Poll?

AaRGeE, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wasn't it always a feature?

Just wanted to add, I would pay $20 per thread to start a thread in BST less some of the anti-business regulation.

I think a lot of vendors would. It could probably bring in a pretty penny each month.

guerilla, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  13. tanujdude91

tanujdude91 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with you .

tanujdude91, Aug 20, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  14. funkymario

Best Answers:
    MUST BE IT, one person predicted the future and registered all those accounts from as early as 2007 and was using all of them at once since then, ALL in anticipation of this 2009 THREAD, you can never plan too far in advance! :D

mdvasanth86 likes this.
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nope, custom feature. Do you think I would start a "feature" thread to tell people about a normal vBulletin feature? Lol

16. harrisunderwork

harrisunderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with 20 $ per new thread feature.

Also, the poll (which you created in your opinion) is not serving the right purpose.

Half of people are just voting and not getting basic idea that is now time to change your view :D

harrisunderwork, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  17. funkymario

Best Answers:
    adapting means you are getting used or finding solutions to work with the new system not the old one, 50% said no, and 15% are changing the setting back to the old setting, this is no adaptation :)

Fair enough, but as a self made computer engineer / entrepreneur and someone who grew up in a poor family, i have a lot compassion for unfortunate and poor people who unless some wealthy people in this thread are not making 4 to 8 digits per month.

Not every poll is biased, the pool could have been very simple:

1) i like it
    2) i hate it

to each user his own reasons, no need to complicate the poll.

anyway, this will be my last post in this thread, personally i have already started to focus on my own projects and websites, i personally think that this will cause a drop in rankings in the future because of less content for the serps, a drop in users because of no practical BST section (BST is the leading section of DP), and will make DP less popular among it's users.

No hard feelings, good luck to DP regardless of its future direction, it has been a great 3 years, i certainly enjoyed my stay here.

thanks.

18. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, it did cross my mind. :eek:

So....

How is about fixing everything back the old way amigo? :D

I mean, I have a thread now. It has sunk. I can't bump it, or I will get banned. I can't repost it, or I will get banned. I have new features coming out for the software, and no way to update or repost without being concerned about a ban.

I'll admit, I am sorta an asshole sometimes (trying to be a better person) but I've always been straight up here with my BST stuff. These changes really hurt the honest guys, and I think we all know the scammers and multi-account guys are just going to work around it.

Oh, and I will pay 50 bucks to be able to update my current thread a couple times. No shady scammy bumping, 3 legit updates. 50 dollars. I bet you could make a killing, hell I bet a mod could make a nice living watching over BST for you especially some of the ones from Asia with a lower cost of living. $200 a day is not inconceivable for one, or maybe even 2 mods.

19. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Posting in your thread is NOT a condition of iTrader. Anyone can leave you iTrader on that thread because you are the OP. And as the OP, you can leave iTrader for anyone that participates in the deal whether they have posted in that thread or not.

And the best way to keep getting traffic to your thread is to advertise it in your signature.

buffalo, Aug 20, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, it's not. The best way is to do offsite SEO, and to have an active thread. Sig links barely register. Most people buy them for the backlinks, not for the click-thru traffic.