1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Thread Sort Order

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2009.

1. patelsagar

patelsagar Peon

Best Answers:
    @ digitalpoint (our master :D)

I have read it long ago, that's why I was wondering after seeing this: (Note the bold part)

I don't get it, really.

If I have say some special discount for my service on a festival like Diwali (it's Indian festival), can't I post it into my thread? If it's BUMPing, then how to notify the public about my announcements? Isn't an announcement saying that I have lowered my rate for a limited time (or I am back from vacation) is Important to me and others?

P.S. : I am not arguing with you (I can't), I am just confused of what is allowed and what's not...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    patelsagar, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I dont understand all the complaining. This changes for BUYERS and SELLERS!

Yes you created a sales thread that gets buried in a day or 2.

But YES buyers are going to use the search more often now or sort it they way they want it. If not, they wont find stuff to buy. Trust me, if people are here to buy something they will search for it. You shouldnt worry about page views, worry about sales.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 2, 2009 IP
    goscript likes this.
  3. razrjay

razrjay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say this Aaron ..but i dont think so...Without getting some sort of public attention then how do u explect to get sales....Its like starting a new cola company and expecting some good sales without any sort of advertising....

You said if people want to buy something then they'll search for it..If thats the usual case then why do even top established affiliate marketers use adwords,buy traffic and do press release and seo and things like that to grab attention in from of people and infront of search engines....

Since they are really established cant they expect that buyers will find them or come to know abt them eventually....Well i dont think so....

If what u said was correct then why are many big brands still doing advertisements.....

This new change will only affect bad to new comers who are offering their services....

AND tell me how can we notify new clients regarding the discounts that we wish to give them if the post will remain buried like in the 160th page in BST....U dont expect buyers to view every page in dp BST...Thats sick........

A forum should be like google search....It should display stuffs that are new and that are active in the first page...not like whats happening in dp rite now....

Hey if google had followed the same ideology..then dp's place in the serp should be in like in the 12400th page considering how old dp is now....

HEY SHAWN..I HOPE U R LISTENING TO THIS :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    razrjay, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  4. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Funny you would have to find the thread first BEFORE you can even subscribe to it, good luck doing that now

--

people cant search for something they dont know about yet and thats the case with my offers i make new strategies then put them out How the hell are they supposed to search for it...

@jhmattern @Shawn So what to do now huh For specific seo services you will just have to keep offering your skills and knowledge for free in the linkbuilding /seo forum?? and then put a sig to my thread? I can understand it does for writing but what about niche seo services... I mean sigh* honestly don't know what to do about this ** go for ppc--> landing pages for our offers : ( wth..

Think think think! : ( Fail Fail Fail!!!

P.s Aaron your an (*#$#^*(

This shucks...

Jalpari, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  5. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hold it down right there my friend.

Trust me majority of the newbies don't know the search function in here. Nor they know how to subscribe to a thread. And yes, they are the high spenders in here. They come and buy and disappear for a long time.

You guys should think about this world has all kinds of people. So does a forum. Without making a proper study from the points of buyers/sellers this kind of changes can hamper the growth of the forum and the loyal members.

And someone plz reply to this as well:

Jhmattern:

The problem is the sellers nor buyers are complete pro's in here. That's where the loophole exist.
    Many don't even know that the search feature exists.

And so many times I have sold sites to people who are very new to the world of websites and stuff.

Now tell me if you got a store selling refrigerators what kind of customers would you expect ?
    Ofcourse, the type doesn't matter as long as the crowd is coming in.

It's the leads we are after, and then we convert those leads into sales.
    In this case before the newbies get to see the threads they are deep buried in the backyard. And since they are new in here they hardly know where to search for.

Ultimately sales drops, newbie are discouraged and move onto some other place like sedo, flippa or wherever there are fool proof website listing.

Ok here's the deal.

DP earns alot, so does it's creator.

I don't see a reason why you guys should come up with a new site or a subdomain site like marketplace.dp.com

And have a separate script take care of stuff. Paid listing (cheap price) should definitely avoid the hassle that you guys and us would have to face.

Vbulletin is not a software that you can aptly use it for marketplace, you guys agree ??

Now please take this as a suggestion for the betterment of this community.

No matter how much people crib, rant and do whatnots people want dp. I hope Dp needs them too.

SOULZRIPPER, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  6. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    What you do is create your own website and drive your own traffic to it using adwords then.

Or you can use the BST forums which are free following the rules that were given.

If someone really wants to buy something then they will search for it.

Why do you even care? Every thread but 1 of yours has been deleted in BST. Its not like you make a living here unless your using duplicate accounts. Maybe I should go check...

I dont understand. If they want link building then they search for that. If they want SEO services they search for that. If they want a piece of shit ebook then they search for that.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    aaron_nimocks, Aug 3, 2009 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  7. E-IndiaWeb

E-IndiaWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well complaining and suggesting here wont work at all. Move on and accept it that way.

E-IndiaWeb, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  8. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lol this forum is called Suggestions & Feedback if we cant do that then whats the point ? :confused:

Bohra, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  9. E-IndiaWeb

E-IndiaWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wait for result of this suggestion/complaint , you will understand then :D.

E-IndiaWeb, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  10. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :p lol this section should be named to announcement only then atleast i wont post :p but till its named Suggestions & Feedback i will suggest

Bohra, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  11. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is Going nowhere...
    We are complaining .. and all mods and admins are just accusing us for this change!! This sucks big ..

Please run a 10 day poll about this ... I will happily accept the outcome of poll.

You have many other option rather than this .. We are honest sellers and I choose to stick with DP because of its sources and the sales i get!!

What do you want Shawn?
    I dont see this change as to prevent the spam and bumping .. only outcome I see is that you want all old members and sellers to leave DP's B/S/T .. becuase you dont care and why would you?..

AaRGeE, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  12. SOULZRIPPER

Best Answers:
    This reply is kinda strong sentimentally. Shawn and the mods, people make a living out of here. And this change is like ruining all there dreams.

I know running a forum of this capacity is no joke. And you gotta shell all your profits to stop spam. But come on there is a fine line to everything.

Go for a new marketplace system or just open a poll for a week or so plz..

13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So far, I like it how it is for now. But who knows in in a week or at some point in the future... we'll see how it is down the road.

digitalpoint, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  14. SOULZRIPPER

Best Answers:

That's a subtle yet stern reply. I guess things will never change.

Can't believe this turned out be like this.

Sux man.

15. patelsagar

patelsagar Peon

Best Answers:

And when there was no iPod, I would search for it around the world, wow!

At this point, I wonder what DP staff wants from this change:
    1) To reduce spam? or
    2) To stop BUMPs (either valid/invalid ones)?

P.S. Now it also seems that DP staff thinks that people want DP, DP doesn't want people.

"Get well soon." :)

patelsagar, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Didn't say things will never change.

digitalpoint, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  17. SOULZRIPPER

Best Answers:
    LoL man, till the changes are reverted this place will be doomed man (talking about us).

18. williamsweb

williamsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have to change view setting to "last post time" again and again.. should be possible to make it default like previous for users. :eek:

williamsweb, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  19. National

National Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude you think what you say is justified ? coz you yourself arent following this . why are all the rules thread sticked ? Why are announcement Sticked ? why just not let them getting buried if people dont want to get banned they will search for it . You stick it coz u dont want the thread to go off first page rite ? So how exactly is what u saying justified ?

National, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I'm going to have to slip on my asbestos jumpsuit to make this post...

Is anyone who is unhappy about this change a BUYER? It doesn't look like it.

I'm a buyer. To me, this change looks pretty good. This change means I can find more stuff to buy more easily, because there will be fewer spam posts that I have to wade through.

I know this change make sellers nervous as hell, but I don't think it should. The number of buyers and the number of sellers isn't changing, nor is the number of dollars being exchanged.

Sellers will simply have to change the strategies they use to maintain their piece of the market. This will involve things like writing better titles and descriptions, so that your threads are more easily found via the search feature.

Of course, on the blackhat side it will also involve registering duplicate accounts and posting duplicate threads for the same service offerings. DP spammers will soon start acting a lot more like Craigslist spammers.

This change is far from a panacea, but I believe we all have to give Shawn a break. He's trying something. It may work, it may not work. Give it 90 days and then judge it.

Will.Spencer, Aug 3, 2009 IP