1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Thread Sort Order

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think he meant delete their own useless posts maybe.

Helvetii, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  2. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your thread should not get bumped by your own posts but can get to the first page by other peoples reviews and inquires. Really, now a days, it's tough to find good services or promote your own quality services. I am really not here to look for work anymore. Just trying out new forums but the response is really week. I wish admins can go on to the old rules.

pro.seods, Nov 13, 2009 IP
    Lalit_Burma likes this.
  3. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well VB4's already out so we can expect things to change before we go into 2010.

4. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't things will change ever now - so it's better we accept the fact that service selling on DP is impossible, although I will still try my best.

pro.seods, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  5. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think so?:rolleyes:

6. patelsagar

patelsagar Peon

Best Answers:
    No version of VB will solve the core problem: Lack of enough moderators for this ultra large forum.

patelsagar, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  7. thatsfine

thatsfine Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

If Shawn dont want to re-do everything then it is fine. We have another alternative.

Pay Per Thread:

* Quality Sellers
    * No Scammers
    * No Bumping
    * No Duplicate Threads

If a thread has gone to 4-5 page and the seller can close it and can launch another thread by paying the amount.

This is the best way to reduce spam, scam and dupe threads.

This should be only applicable for BST Section.

Thanks

thatsfine, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  8. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Even better add some more features -

Paid bump feature
    Site bump by reviews or reply by other people only.

And including your features also. This might do good and prevent useless bumping.

pro.seods, Nov 14, 2009 IP
    thatsfine likes this.
  9. RickS01

RickS01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like the 2nd option, although, the only problem, as already pointed out, is that if the OP receives negative feedback or let's say the OP scammed some people or gave poor quality products from another thread, he would have the ability to delete those posts that point that out or cast him in a negative light.

Also, another scenario is if the OP is selling a product they shouldn't be - be it stolen or whatever - he could delete those posts that are whistle-blowing.

How about another option:

Simply limit the number of posts that the original poster can make to his thread within a given time frame. In other words, limit the amount of posts the OP can make to 2 per day or 1 per day, or whatever. That way, he can only bump, announce new products, reply a certain amount of times per day per thread.

I know this doesn't address the bumping by friends, etc. or duplicate accounts that jhmattern mentioned, but surely I would think it would solve at least part of the problem.

Well, maybe if the mods and Shawn do not think so, I would still at least ask that you would switch the Services section back. I don't know how much "modding" was required for that section, but it is frustrating as a BUYER to not be able to find those reputable threads anymore and when I do find them, the seller has moved on or has not tended to that service very well simply because his thread has become buried.

Thank you.

-Rick

RickS01, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  10. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about all the posts OP deletes from his thread get deleted instantly but goes for review at Mods ..
    If any mod found a negative review (or else post like that deleted) than a straight 14 day ban!

AaRGeE, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  11. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mods already have so much work and i dont think they have time to review so many posts...

salaxzar, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  12. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah! Mods already have so much work to do. It's a useless opinion IMO

pro.seods, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  13. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow it took me awhile to realize this was going on.

Earlier today I wanted to bitch and moan about the order because it will affect my own threads in the BST section, but as the day has gone on and I've actually browsed the BST section using the new order I kind of like it being sorted by the thread start date, especially in the services section where things are time critical.

I guess now I just hope people will report the inevitable duplicate threads so they can be merged or whatever instead of bitching and moaning about them.

joebert, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  14. thatsfine

thatsfine Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The BST section has lost its value. traffic is getting diverted to warrior forum. There is no real business possible here.

Shawn, "Please reconsider the old sorting order or start paid bumping"

Thanks and Regards

thatsfine, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  15. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, we all are suffering major losses after the enactment of your new policies. Please consider the appeal. I myself now rarely visit this forum.

pro.seods, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  16. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We are already on VB4 for quite some time now, you have done a lot to improve the market place but thats been limited to sites and Domains forum, can you please do something to solve the problem with long term services/threads that you yourself acknowledged?

I'm repeating my suggestions from this post http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1441011&p=12689821#post12689821 again:

Helvetii, Apr 20, 2010 IP