1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thread: Online.net support just deleted my server and my data very irresponsibly and carelessly

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Sherry Dogus, Apr 7, 2016.

Online.net support just deleted my server and my data very irresponsibly and carelessly, just for suspension that my credit card was stolen they delete my server with all the projects and websites we were working on for years and i lost alot of
    my data, and they don't even bother to take the blame for their mistake or carelessness and compensate me for my losses they just keep blaming it on my bank and they wouldn't even let me talk to a someone who can really do something
    or restore my server and data.
    If you have a server with online.net from France you should back up your data and possibly already have another server set up because if you have any issues with changing your credit card info they will just delete your entire server rather than work with you to resolve anything.
    I could not even get a straight answer on whether or not what they were giving me was a fax number or an email address…
    And the amount of information that they requested from me really left me worrying about identity theft. They just kept asking for more and more and in different forms.
    I have accounts with buycpanel.com and Microsoft and all of them just sent me a notice to update my card. I believe they really did not understand their error codes.
    I felt like these guys were just putting me through the ringer and unhelpful on purpose. Possibly because I am a lady or American… Not sure.. But, I complied with everything and yes had a little confusion on where to send it but also offered a face to face skype meeting. I send them the picture of the updated card with my same name and bank immediately so they knew I was in possession of the new card.
    I think it was no accident that somehow my account was unlocked the day after they deleted my server.
    I had years worth of work on there.. This for me, amounts to theft.

image1.jpg image1.jpg image3.jpg image4.jpg image5.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Sherry Dogus, Apr 7, 2016 IP
  2. Sherry Dogus

Sherry Dogus Peon

Best Answers:
    image6.jpg image7.jpg image8.jpg image9.jpg image10.jpg image7.jpg image8.jpg image9.jpg image10.jpg

3. Sherry Dogus

Sherry Dogus Peon

Best Answers:
    image11.jpg image12.jpg image13.jpg image14.jpg image15.jpg image11.jpg image12.jpg image13.jpg image14.jpg image15.jpg

4. Sherry Dogus

Sherry Dogus Peon

Best Answers:
    image15.jpg image16.jpg image17.jpg image18.jpg image19.jpg image15.jpg image16.jpg image17.jpg image18.jpg image19.jpg

5. dcanfield

dcanfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is why I like to have a backup of my sites. If they pull this shit, I'll switch hosts in a heartbeat.

dcanfield, Apr 7, 2016 IP
  6. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, just wow. I once thought about becoming a client of online.net, but nope, that is not going to happen. If I were you, I would make the story more readable by making one big long picture, without duplicate data and then post to Reddit, so that it has a chance to go viral because deleting customer's data is a big no no. In most cases even suspending the account is a poor thing to do, but in this case, if they really received "card stolen" information, suspending would be justified. But deleting?!?

O-D-T, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  7. Puntocom81

Puntocom81 Banned

Best Answers:
    Backup, backup, backup and backup. Backup frequently, backup in different supports. Backup in different locations.

Remember that the important thing is not to backup, it's to be able to recover the backups successfully in every moment.

Puntocom81, Apr 19, 2016 IP