1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thoughts on Cindy Sheehan (anti-Bush lady)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by zman, Aug 23, 2005.

Hi all,

As some of you may know, Im quite Independent on my political view. I want everyone to pulll a fair share of the cost of running this country, I want to see us succeed in the war, I want the government to stay out of my house, etc.

That being said, I really think it is insulting to see Cindy Sheehan demand that Bush meet with here A SECOND TIME. Keep in mind that the first time she met with him she spoke very highly of him. Now that Moveon DOT org and Moore have gotten involved, she suddenly thinks Bush is a terrorist.

I see this as a big media ploy and I think Sheehan is simply a pawn for left wing orgs looking to further an agenda.

Just sharing my opinion here.

What do all of you think?

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  2. ehsen

ehsen Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe she is right "Bush is terrorist". USA killed thousands of innocent people in Iraq. When US kill people its "war against terrorism" but when someone other kill us citizens its "terrorism". To me its really difficult to identify who is actually terrorist.

ehsen, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    Sorvoja likes this.
  3. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    How is that?

Terrorist will saw the heads off of people who are in Iraq to provide food, water, school, etc.

Coalition forces are there to protect citezens and unfortunatly innocent people may end up in the line of fire because of the terrorists lack of ability to show respect for the innocent.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    My bro threw in his 2 cents on this issue in his blog awhile back. I tend to share his point of view on most issues...

GuyFromChicago, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  5. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    You didnt type that right. It should read:

"When US kill terrorist its war against terrorism but when someone kills innocent people from anywhere in the world its terrorism"

:)

Guy, great entry and thanks for the link.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I think the lady is very sad.

mcfox, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your brother calls Cindy Sheehan the "Useful Idiot" but if you remove the "useful" from the phrase it perfectly describes your brother.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    Liminal likes this.
  8. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Once my brother gets going on politics he's hard to stop:) Someone go debate him...I dare you;)

9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    The media has made this a big deal...and it shouldn't be!

Crazy_Rob, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    lol, step up to the plate and debate it with him. You'll have to provide some more factual data to back up your commments or he'll make you look silly...

11. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I feel like she is doing what she *thinks* is right. May none of us ever lose a son or daughter, in war or otherwise. My heart goes out to her and her family (even though they don't see eye to eye)

However......I think its horrible how people like Michael Moore have exploited here to further their cause. Thank God the US is a country where people are allowed to protest. If it was Iraq she would have lost her head.

I don't agree with her but its her right to be there. If only the other 99 people would stop trying to exploit her.

yfs1, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  12. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Besides your quick jump to insults, any comment on the original topic?

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  13. ehsen

ehsen Peon

Best Answers:
    I like USA, should i say i love it. However i can't deny the fact that US killed more than 8 million people during last century.

ehsen, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  14. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to add the fact that they liberated 10 times that:)

15. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Nicely said.

I dont think it is an issue of forget, rather, it is an issue of ignore.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I am already debating with couple of others like him in the other thread, one more or less doesn't make any difference, ask him to join in. ;)

It is interesting that everybody is blaming her and others by saying that she is using her son death for political motives, at least her loss is real and she has lost her son while the government is still manipulating the people by taking advantage of the dead in 9/11 without anyone blaming them for that.
    How many of those who are so excited to revenge the 9/11 have actually lost some one there?

Instead of concentrating on methods listen to what both side wants. In one side we have one person that is fighting for peace and stop to killing while enduring many personal losses and on the other side we have people who would like the war and killing to continue while getting rich of the war. I suppose you take side on issue depending on your principals, knowledge and sense of morality.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  17. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    That isnt the case at all. I think most here have said that OTHERS are using her and her son for political motives.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Even so, why others are not permitted to use her son's death politically to fight for peace and putting stop to killing, while the neo-cons are permitted to use the dead in 9/11 politically to make a case for war and hatred while getting rich of the war?

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  19. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont care who you are, you shouldnt use someones death to promote a political agenda.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  20. someonewhois

someonewhois Peon

Best Answers:
    For sure.

Cindy Sheehan is a disgrace. Her son died fighting for his country, and she wants her son honoured by pulling out of Iraq? That's disgusting.

Pulling out of Iraq right now would cause thousands of Iraqi deaths. While I don't think the war was needed to begin with (me and many others, I know), pulling out now isn't practical at all.

someonewhois, Aug 23, 2005 IP