1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thoughts Multi-location Local SEO For Business With Atypical Structure

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shoeboy, Jul 30, 2017.

I'm trying to help my friend get his small business ranked higher in local results, and it seems like his business' structure is somewhat atypical, which brings up questions about how to proceed.
    • He has his official business name (we'll call it UmbrellaCorp) that does not have a physical address or phone number, other than the owner's mobile
    • He has 2 business locations, each with their own names that are different from UmbrellaCorp (we'll call them AlphaCorp & BetaCorp), with their own address and phone number
    • The website URL is UmbrellaCorp.com (which contains main keyword), and each location has a dedicated page (UmbrellaCorp.com/AlphaCorp & Umbrella.com/BetaCorp)
    • He also has a branded service (we'll call it MobileCorp), that serves the local area by him coming to his customers, so would be nice for its page to rank for local search as well, but it also doesn't have a physical location or landline other than the owner's mobile

There are currently some conflicting citations where the same address is listed under UmbrellaCorp and either AlphaCorp or BetaCorp that I plan to correct to remove UmbrellaCorp from (since it has no physical location). Also, all of the citations just link to UmbrellaCorp.com and I plan to change them to each individual location page (UmbrellaCorp.com/AlphaCorp or UmbrellaCorp.com/BetaCorp). My plan is to optimize the individual pages like normal, but what should be done in regards to local optimization of UmbrellaCorp / UmbrellaCorp.com / homepage and UmbrellaCorp.com/MobileCorp? Would it just be best to optimize for the 2 location pages and funnel visitors to the MobileCorp and home / UmbrellaCorp.com pages from them? Or should I just optimize UmbrellaCorp and MobileCorp for local results in other ways than building citations?

I'm certainly no expert in this, but trying to do the best I can for my friend and was just looking for some opinions from those who know better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

shoeboy, Jul 30, 2017 IP