1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thoughts around getting products into the website

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Arun Gahlot, Jan 23, 2017.

Hi,
    I am new here and new to e-commerce also, I have got my ecommerce website up and running... (with some demo data).

But what i am having problem is with understanding how to get products or sellers into my website (http://twostars.gear.host).

I am also keen to form new associations in order for the business to do well (I am a technology guy ...so had no problem gettting the e-commerce site up).

I am looking for advise on Getting more suppliers / products , Shipping and Some sales and marketing.

Cheers

Arun Gahlot, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  2. Cathey Horsfall

Cathey Horsfall Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

What tools are you using to build your website? Are you also selling on ebay and/or amazon or are you just selling on your website to begin with?

Cathey Horsfall, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  3. Arun Gahlot

Arun Gahlot Peon

Best Answers:
    The website is completely functional (Payment gateway and everything around it...), and I have used noopcommerce (my version of noopcommerce (opensource) has had a lot of customizations built into it to get that to this stage. ) I am also open for win-win associations w.r.t the business to do well. and i come from a tech background (also online marketing and sales) so this area is completely covered by me.

Yes I am. The products I have are very limited, and It is a lot of work to get products into it. (I am the only one working on it) I wanted to know how other people are getting products into their websites. Alibaba or aliexpress or taobao do they have some API's (web services) which i can connect via website and automate the import of products to my website.

And Cathey Thanks for the response.

Cheers

Arun Gahlot, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  4. Cathey Horsfall

Cathey Horsfall Peon

Best Answers:
    Arun - you are welcome!

I understand it can be a huge amount of work to transfer your products and sync your orders between your website and Amazon/Ebay etc. We built Expandly (Multichannel Management Software) to try and help small businesses like yours to do this at a sensible cost.

Sadly we don't support Alibaba or nopcommerce but others might? On the open source front we support Prestashop and Opencart. .

It sounds like you know what you are doing on the technical side - Good Luck!

Cathey Horsfall, Jan 30, 2017 IP