1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This place now sucks

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by snous, Feb 20, 2013.

1. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, fair enough & YES, I'm upset too. I was going to come on here & try to find a banner designer & now I can't post a hiring ad.

You know why I don't come on here, b/c of all the previous garbage that was on here & also some people with their high & mighty condescending attitudes.

So I get the owner wants to clean up the forum & I say great, maybe I'll come on here more often, but you are also here to generate income for people & now someone has just lost out on some money b/c I need banners designed now, not days from now. Same with the OP, he/she was about to spend money on here. I see they suddenly got 8 likes LOL

Lastly, I never use the thank you buttons & I've been on tons of forums since probably around 2000. Not sure why I don't, I don't think they were around back then & I never learned how to use them.

I tend to be in a hurry when I come onto the forum needing help with someone & I'm busy.

If I see I can help someone, I do. Maybe not here as I didn't like this forum much, but on other forums where the audience is much more mature, I support those forums.

So my question is, do people here even click the "like" button or know they have to?

I guess now everyone will know they have to LOL

And no, I'm NOT paying $25 just to post a banner ad, or $150 or whatever I saw to be a member for a year.

I'm curious how many members have dropped b/c of all of this.

Michelle

I'm blind, where is the "like" button please.

The forum software is interesting, but it takes a bit of time to get used to as I'm a VB fan.

I still like the old green vs. this lighter looking green, but good job overall in the design & I see there's a lot more modern coding behind the scenes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
    exoticpublishing, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  2. haradeep

haradeep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If I have Like, I would like this.

haradeep, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think the title of this thread should be changed to "I'm a whinging ignoramous who can't read and i loved this forum when it was full of spam & scammers & i could earn a free living from it but now it's been taken away from me i'm going to blub & bitch about it"

malky66, Feb 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, FreeFun4Every1 and GMF like this.
  4. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @everyone crying because of the new rules
    From Help/established:
    If you dont really want to be a part of this community and the only reason you are here is to buy or sell, that`s fine. Nobody stops you from upgrading your account. It is just $25!
    If you dont have this money that are not even enough for a night out, how do you plan on paying others? or how serious your business is if you are here to sell stuff?? From my point of view, the rep+/likes idea to limit the access is brilliant! This place looks more clean, already.

Alex210, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  5. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can say "This Thread Now Sucks"

1) Because the thread OP never visited this thread again after his main Post and #5 post that he had posted in his defense :p
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/this-place-now-sucks.2638015/#post-18468207

2) The thread OP got 5 Likes on his main post and now he don't want more and will not say anything because he could not justify title. :eek:

3) Austech is always first to give like to critics who are against of forum Rules. :rolleyes:

4) Rest of newbies keep crying in this thread.....:D

Is there any good reason to do not lock this thread and keep it open for more people so they can cry more???

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    FreeFun4Every1, Mar 1, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and GMF like this.
  6. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can only speak for myself, but it amuses me to see them crying :D

GMF, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  7. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    [quote="exoticpublishing, post: 18483304, member: ...
    I'm blind, where is the "like" button please.[/quote]

The like button is not available/visible to members who are not yet established. The button is next to the reply button at bottom right of each post.

Smyrl, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  8. rozehrocks

rozehrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I just came back here in DP after 3 months hiatus and I am completely shocked about the 3 likes rule.

I understand about loyalty vs contribution. But with that rule, I feel like I can't breath here because of being restricted. I use DP as a marketplace so what's wrong if I haven't really contributed much? I do feel that's in unfair.

But I understand, really. Off to browse the forums and let's see if I can 'contribute'.

rozehrocks, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  9. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    If you think you can't or want to contribute to other forums,just buy premium membership. It exists for those who just want to sell and buy things in B/S/T section. That is fair for everyone.

BusinessMaker, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  10. rozehrocks

rozehrocks Active Member

Best Answers:

This place is really huge. Just browsing the boards is overwhelming for me so I just usually sticked to what I really plan on doing here (and yes, that is selling.) but now I don't really mind participating in other forums since there is a new rule. I remember I got a like/rep way before. (And thanks to that!) I'm ok with premium membership although I am not a hardcore seller so I'll just choose the path to get 2 more likes. :)

11. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    You will see that isn't really hard to get 2 more likes. It is all about how much you offer to people. If you write one sentence with few words it is hardly to believe that someone will give you like. So just be opened,don't lie and provide valuable information. Sometimes humor can get you some likes. I'm member of this forum for a week,and I already have 3 likes. You see,it is pretty easy...

BusinessMaker, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  12. rozehrocks

rozehrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok another post/rant from me. Sorry, I just need to let this off my chest.

I am not an active member of this forum nor I am a hardcore seller so when I found out that I can no longer post in the template sales forum, it's so shocking.

I only sell from time to time and not regularly. I would purchase premium membership if only it's not expensive compare to what I earn here. (like right now, I'm only planning to sell a WordPress that only costs $50 . There will definitely be a gap on my next sale and for me to sell this one theme I need to spend $25? That's half my price. I was thinking to add that $25 in the price but that will only make it hard to sell the theme.

I am trying to contribute and be an established member but from this rate, it would take time for me to be established. The waiting time could just be my lost.

I am nearing to quit selling themes now which is what I do for a living for almost 6 years now. I started here in DP. Oh the memories!

So much for being a 'seasoned user'.

13. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    @ryan_uk
    Your quote is all right and true, I agree :) but I think it's not good to point out any specific forum or site as you pin out WF.

love2all, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your "rant" makes no sense and is just contradictory...in one sentence you say "I only sell from time to time and not regularly"
    In another you say "I am nearing to quit selling themes now which is what I do for a living for almost 6 years now"

So which is it....or are you just having a moan just for the sake of moaning???.....

malky66, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  15. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

It's really not that hard to be an Established member. I myself even think i won't even have a chance of being an established member. Since i think sometimes I think nobody finds my posts useful.. Seriously. lol. Honestly, I was here on DP before just to sell stuff, at first I was really even disappointed that you should be an established member now to post in the BST. I just try my best to contribute, and now it feels better to contribute to the forums not just here to sell, we're all one family here. :)

But I became an establish member, I was browsing the forums and suddenly came across over a post here in Suggestions & Feedback. I replied on the post with my own knowledge and further quoting or referring to a pinned thread asking about his usergroup status is not yet established. I got likes then, and became an established member. Really not that hard.. Just try and try to contribute as quality as you can. I'm sure you'll get likes and someone will notice you.

Jesse27, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  16. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    The like button is not available/visible to members who are not yet established. The button is next to the reply button at bottom right of each post.[/quote]

Ahh, LOL, well that explains it.

Hmm, I was getting e-mail notices for responses to the thread yesterday, but then nothing. I didn't even know anyone had responded. :(

exoticpublishing, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  17. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Ok, I have another question...

Why in the world did you guys delete the PM feature? (unless I'm missing it somewhere).

I hate having public private conversations with people. If I wanted a public conversation, I'd use the thread feature.

Not thrilled with that either.

Not to mention that having to publicly give out your e-mail address would mean getting more spam.

18. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

They are not public, only people you invite can see the converstion, they are the same as pm's just with a different name

malky66, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  19. rozehrocks

rozehrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your words of encouragement! I am slowly posting around the forums. :) I'll try my best to post quality stuff and help others.

rozehrocks, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  20. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Oh so if I don't check those 2 boxes I'm safe?