1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

This just isn't working

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Boris_yo, Mar 16, 2009.

I created ads and keywords, everything was ready, i even pointed in ad that ebook is for sale in order to get qualified buying traffic, but this didn't work.
    I kept getting clicks and nobody was buying ebook

WTF?! Why people keep clicking ads if they are not interested in buying product?

Boris_yo, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you buy something every time you click on an ad? of course you don't - sometimes what you see isn't what you expected, the site looked awful, the price was too high, you couldn't see the link to buy, you've seen something better elsewhere, etcetcetc. Most of the people who click on your ad won't buy.

If you're suggesting that there's something fishy about those clicks, then get in touch with google - otherwise you need more work on your landing page and offer.

magda, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  3. Mmfh

Mmfh Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out others selling the same or similar products and see what they are doing.
    Most of the clicks you get will be people clicking out of curiosity. Maybe they will do more research and be back and maybe not.

Mmfh, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  4. drdigital

drdigital Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    focus on making the ad and the landing page tie together so the ad is promoting the landing page. then get the landing page optimized.

drdigital, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. Buckweedhit

Buckweedhit Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an idea,
    the people visiting your site may be buyers or they may just be bored lookers but with out hunting them down with an IP tracker you wont know who they are. If you place a capture page on your domain to collect email address and name etc. If they dont complete this form then they are not really interested just lookers if they do complete the form then they are buyers and you can generate a list and then target them through specific periodic sales letters and offers

Buckweedhit, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. pahirp

pahirp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem when I first started with adwords, but I kept tweaking my landing page and Keywords . Keywords are important and your ad wording as well dont over promise people lose interest very quickly

pahirp, Mar 17, 2009 IP